1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

focus error

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by tonycro, Apr 10, 2015.

1. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

my friend has a fuji bridge camera - I know make and model would be useful at this point, but should be posted a little later - and has a focus error. The lens doesn't come off so no obvious way of a DIY fix.

Anyone know of a Fuji repair house ?

tony

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Most camera shops have repair contacts. Google says https://camerarepair.fujifilm.co.uk

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

This will probably sound a daft question but it's not in macro mode whilst trying to take a photo at distance is it? Mrs S's daughter once had this problem:eek: until I eventually figured it out.
    Another issue is grit getting in the lens as it collapses/opens...yes you've guessed it

4. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

thanks chaps, just checked and won't let us change between macro and 'normal'off to follow the Google linkta

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Look to see if there is a "reboot" option as these things are computers and sometimes things get "stuck".

Odd settings can catch you out. On my Canon SLR you can remap the function of the shutter button so it does not activate focus (handy if you want to fix the focus position) but if you forget that you did it then the symptom is a "broken lens" that won't focus.

The one thing that I don't get on with with compacts/bridge cameras is context sensitive menus. The thing you want to change depends on some combination of buttons being pressed before it shows in the menu.

6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

If it really is bust, you can send it to Fuji, but get a mortgage first. They tried to charge me more than my old x10 cost to fix the focus.