1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foca PF2 - one for Roger Hicks?

Discussion in 'Classic Models & Marques' started by gray1720, Dec 23, 2017.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I think I've just picked up a fairly rare Foca PF2 - I'm not 100 sure as most of the info available is in French and I'm a typical monoglot Brit - and am curious as to whether anyone else here has come across one.

I have to admit that I thought "Leica clone", and that I could use the lens on my FrankenLeica with the M39 adaptor. Turns out it's nothing of the sort, the Foca mount is 36mm.

[​IMG]Foca PF2? by gray1720, on Flickr

Anyone know any more about them?

BTW, yes, the shutter is capping - it is improving with exercise, so I'm hoping it's not too far gone...

Adrian

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Adrian,

Rangefinder (GMC), page 172; History of the 35mm Still Camera (Focal Press) pages 33, 89, 147, 156, 157 (Foca outfit in fitted case, which I briefly owned and for which I paid £40), 158.

Interesting cameras. The Focaflex (ibid, 28, 56) was even more interesting.

Cheers,

R.

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Thanks Roger, I can see I need to investigate your books! You have just given me an excuse...

Adrian

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Adrian,

De nada, Some thieving American company has stolen 35mm still camera and put it up on line, and refuses to take it down unless I jump through their thieving, lying hoops. They don't check when someone puts stolen content up: only when the legitimate copyright owner wants to take it down.

Google will reveal the names of the slimy bar stewards.

Cheers,

R.