1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flickr

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Steve52, Mar 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Hi all
    Is anyone having difficulty seeing their photos on flickr?
    I inadvertantly logged out of my Flickr account in Internet Explorer. Now I cannot log back in via IE, keeps coming up with a page advising me to try another platform like Firefox. However, if I log in via Firefox, Microsoft Edge or Chrome, only a few photos are displayed on pages after page 1.
    If I try to view ANY photo, the photo does not appear, though I get all the info, stats, no of views, groups, etc.
    I cannot display them even if I DON'T log in. I can't display the photos via stats page or even in search!!!! I've shut down and re-booted, but still nothing.
    What's going on?

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Don't know about flickr but facebook, instagram and whatsapp have all been suffering today apparently. Perhaps someone just broke tinterweb.

3. neilt3

neilt3 Well-Known Member

I'm on Chrome and everything's working as normal with flickr .
    One thing that has changed since yesterday is that before you would scroll down to the bottom of the page and then click a page number to go to the next page .
    it's now gone back to how it was a few years back where when you scroll down to the bottom of the page there is a slight delay as the next page loads up as a continuation of the page , endlessly scrolling along .

4. Steve52

Well. I dont know what happened, but everything is now fine. I'm using Chrome and pages are loading ok.
    The mysteries of the interwebbythingamajig.

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I'm using chrome too, but when I tried loading on organizer, my album of flowers and plants (c200+) it could not do it.
    Facebook is also having problems. I tried rejecting a post and it came back saying it has problems. As Geren says, maybe someone has been fiddling with some sites.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There are lots of posts about the first part of your post on Flickr help forums. The short of it is that Internet Explorer is no longer supported. I found out about it because I deleted cookies in my ipad and couldn't login again. I just got an "unsupported browser message". The "sign up" page had a link for existing yahoo account owners and I got in that way, had a day or so of unsupported browser warnings, butbthey seem tomhave gone away. Meantime Skype no longer works on my ipad - unsupported browser.

So the nub is that you have to use a new browser version and that generally means having an up to date operating system.

With both of these Flickr should work normally but it is always worth checking Flickr help forum (link at bottom of Flickr page) to see what is trending.

This evening I haven't been able to get to my 2014 pictures from camera roll or from albums and Flickr seems very slow.

Catriona likes this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Aren't they rolling out a new login process? That could be causing back end problems.

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Now FBook won't take a new post. Something going on.

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Yeah. They are moving away from the Yahoo login to whatever email you want I think.

10. PeteRob

It is certainly confusing the help forums. My browser (Safari on IOS 9.3.5) incompatibility only cropped up when I tried to login after deleting cookies (must be how they manage remember me from yahoo login). So I saw it as a login problem, but I haven't been migrated to the new login. Almost all the inability to access Flickr problems relate to IE and most of these people have had browser incompatibility warnings for a long time - seems they just turned support off after saying it was going to happen. My access problems have now vanished but it was clear they were testing safari versions without accounting for the platform. Links to update Safari only went to the appstore for mac.

11. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Flickr seems to suffer glitches from time to time, the length of time they last is very variable. The changes are also a factor, I am not surprised you are having issues with IE, it's an out of date and unsupported platform. I use an Imac mostly now and find overall fewer irritations.

12. PeteRob

I am so used to it that I'll use it as long as I can. I loathe the active content that prevails. I wish all informational sites were plain text.

Catriona likes this.
  13. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

What version of IE are you using? I'm on 11 and Flickr is no longer supporting it. I can still view stuff on it but there are problems from time to time. Have you tried Edge?

14. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

At work I'm forced to use IE11, (which has never been half as good as the Firefox/Chrome browsers I use at home) I can log in & see my photostream but can no longer select any picture to go to it's page. Things were even worse when I inadvertently went to their beta view. I couldn't reply to discussions in groups either...

At home last night I had no issues logging on with firefox, but it still not as usable as it was years ago. They're crazy if they think I'll pay for this!

peterba likes this.
  15. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Same here... Flickr won't allow me to log on at all in IE11 and some recent additions to my page aren't showing either.

16. Steve52

I'm now using Edge as my browser. However, what I have now found is that I cannot add tag(s) to the photo once it is uploaded. The only way I can add tag(s) is if the photo is in an album, and then add the tag(s) via the editor mode. I've not tried to add a tag(s) when viewing through Firefox or Chrome.