1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First outing of my GX 8 Street Shooting

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Mark101, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

P1010532.jpg P1010534 (3).jpg I do have to say that the GX8 with its silent electronic shutter and adjustable electronic viewfinder is a little gem of a camera. It really does enable you to get in really close without the subject being aware of your motives and multiple shots don't seem to rattle the subject either,

2. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

First one seems to have missed focus as the face is quite soft but the second is spot on with plenty of detail. What lens did you use?

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. Mark101

Sill finding my way around this camera to be honest, The lens was a Panasonic 14-140 mm, which after using Canon f/f lenses in that range, is very easy on the arms weight wise.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I'm tempted by the 14-140 as a carry everywhere lens - the 14-42 is a bit limited reach-wise.

5. Mark101

It's certainly a handy lens, both size and reach wise There are some reported problems that affect image quality very slightly which may be related to the GX8 IS mode and the shutter. These can be eliminated by engaging the electronic shutter - apparently. I believe a firmware update has been issued. I'm not aware of the issue pertaining to any other camera with this lens. Personally I don't know the combination of either lens or camera well to say one way or the other as to if it's an issue.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Very cool photos, Mark, and, as Nigel states, the second shot is spot-on :) I was showing an Olympus (M4/3 user) the GX8 for approximate sizing for the camera case with her
    14-42 lens and was really impressed with the mobile viewfinder :) But, as she was leaving for NZ in two days for a 10 month trip ;) However, she had picked up an old OM 135/3.5 lens
    from her dad's kit and, so, she picked up an OM > M4/3 adapter so she could have a nice, albeit manual focus, long lens for her travels :) As well, as liking the viewfinder, on the GX 8,
    she liked the grip and how it made the camera feel in her hand, so, maybe, …… ;)

Cheers and looking forward to seeing more pics :)

Jack