1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First keeper and Macro!

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Shovelheadstroker77, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Shovelheadstroker77

Shovelheadstroker77 Active Member

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Like it - especially the dog! [​IMG]

3. Shovelheadstroker77

Thank you - it really was a gift when he set up in front of me and tied up his dog!

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Great shot, S_H_S. Nice and crisp :) As for glass ..

Here's one at LCE for £299 and another
    one at LCE for £249 and there's probably more there as well :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Shovelheadstroker77

Thanks for the links Jack - I am tempted by this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300947748...WAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_407wt_992 but will have to fit this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Macro-con...adaptors_ET&hash=item19c5bd2e45#ht_2515wt_758 so my question is this. Will the adaptor have an adverse effect on the lens? - if it will only impact at the infinity end that is fine as I will be buying this for macro but if it will detract from the macro then I will think again. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks Stephen

6. Done_rundleCams

Hi Stephen,

To be honest, I'm not sure if the lens adapter will have a negative impact on the macro capabilities :( However, here's another second-hand Pentax Macro lens, albeit manual focus, for £150 -CLICK HERE-and, IMVHO and personally, I rather spend a bit more money than trying to find out if the adapter does have an adverse effect on the macro capabilities:) The only exception to that would be if I picked up a manual focus Tamron 90/2.5 with the Pentax Adaptall mount (ideally a PK-A mount) :) Also, seeing as how there's been no offers ....maybe he/she will take a lower amount :D

and, speak of the devil, the Tamron 90/2.5, albeit in Canon FD mount but, apparently, there is other mounts available on Ebay ;) CLICK HERE and, lastly,
    the Pentax User.co.uk Classifed Forum .. CLICK HERE

Cheers,

Jack

7. Shovelheadstroker77

8. Done_rundleCams