1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally have my PEN F

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by RovingMike, May 26, 2017.

1. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

You may have a dodgy sample Mike as I had the 17mm 1.8 and found it to be ace. Snap focus was great too.
    Enjoy the pen-f, lovely bit of kit

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I'll check it out a bit more and see. Thanks.

3. RovingMike

Well it looks near to a tie between the 17 f1.8, pancake 14-42 and 12-40 f2.8 pro at 17mm and f7.1.

The prime, as one might expect, has better contrast so looks sharper and the 12-40 pro is very very close. But the pancake is not at all disgraced. Wish there was a nice small prime 200mm.

4. lfc1892

lfc1892 Well-Known Member

Certainly agree on the contrast of the 17mm. Made a real difference for me. The snap focus was pretty cool too and came in handy a few times.
    Not that it matters to most, but a lovely looking lens too!

5. RovingMike

I love the Pen F, but really wish the exposure compensation was still on the front dial. I am used to using thumb for aperture and finger for compensation without taking my eye from the rangefinder. The compensation dial is too stiff to work with one finger, but I don't see a way to re-assign it?

6. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

Its like pens; some write right some write wrong; nothing to do with cost. My Nikon D70 paints right my D90 does not. When asked why I still use the D70 my reply is "It paints with a broader brush"

7. RovingMike

Ah OK I can use the shutter release dial for aperture adjustment and re-set the back dial to exposure compensation.....except it didn't work when I tried.