1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finally - a reason to leave the EU...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SqueamishOssifrage, Jul 14, 2018.

1. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

… when those folks over there are so p!ssed, they can't tell the difference between sciatica and being p!ssed.

trisphot and tonyfromalnwick like this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

:confused: You're going to have to explain that one...

3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Huh??

Lynn

4. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

Is this something to do with medical tourism?

5. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

6. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

I have exactly the same condition now. Have had it for decades, but sometimes it flares up badly and is a real pain in the arse.
    Muscles around the hip cramp, twist all over the place and generally make life a misery.
    Worst is when I get paralysis, which thankfully doesn't last long.

7. peterba

Well, I made an exception, on this occasion, and knowingly clicked on a link to the Mail. :eek: I think we can all see what that obnoxious rag is up to, here. :mad:

I've had lower back/sciatic problems for the past 15+ years, and the way he was walking looked like a pretty decent imitation of the manner in which I have to walk, when the problem flares up. :(

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

9. peterba

As an ardent Remainer, I find that so bloody disappointing. :( It doesn't change my mind overall, but it IS a disgrace.

10. peterba

I've just noticed that that story (on Zou's link) is from a fortnight ago - I'm amazed that I hadn't heard about it.

11. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Re the Mail....would never buy the trash... but I did see todays front cover on the BBCs news site (review of papers). I think their has been a failure between the editor and the picture desk...there choices seem to imply that the queen is a pygmy.

Graeme

peterba likes this.
  12. peterba

I'm intrigued - but you surely don't expect me to visit the Mail web site twice in the same century...?!! :eek:

13. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Not at all...the BBC will do...

graeme

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

There was no viable "lexit" or left-political brexit, so a vote to leave on the basis of such disgraces would really just play into the hands of the mainstream leave campaign.

peterba likes this.
  15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

A cynic would ask why you are amazed. ;)

16. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

If you had to meet trump, and be pleasant to him, wouldn't you get pissed first.

17. peterba

Phew...! ;) I'll take a look...

18. peterba

I'd have thought that such an opportunity for a (in this case, justifiable) anti-EU story would be emblazoned across the BBC and most other news media. I'm amazed that they missed the opportunity to put the boot in.

19. peterba

I'd happily agree - apart from the fact that there is absolutely nothing - NOTHING - that could make me "be pleasant to him".

20. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Wonder if he fancies a blast down the world cup downhill course at Fort William. None of that pansy body armour or full suspension stuff though.....I'll spring for some basic hire bikes.;):D