1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film camera/digital camera - which do you use most often?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

If it's therapy, you need them, don't let anyone tell you otherwise ;)

2. Woolliscroft

Woolliscroft Well-Known Member

In fairness, there aren't that many new film cameras to review at the moment and those that have been, like the Nikon F6 and the Zeiss Ikon have been covered in AP fairly quickly. That said, there have been new films and much updated versions of several old films lately, like Kodak Portra, which it would be useful to see properly reviewed. After all, one of the nice things about film cameras has always been that the film makers upgrade them regularly.

3. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

99.999 Digital. My 14 +, various film devices are safely packed away awaiting the 2050 Christies sale of antique technology. Probably be full of ipods though.

4. AJUK

AJUK Well-Known Member

Where do these people who keep talking about the high cost of developing ETC go, pro labs? Jessops?

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I use my digital virtually every day - but I spend longer with my film cameras as film costs more, and I'm not made of money. As a result, pictures shot on film tend to be more considered, better technically and 'artistically' - although I have found ways to fool my fully auto digi compact into doing what I want it to. :)

If I had S5 Pro I'd probably not use film quite as much, but I'll never give it up.

6. Mojo_66

A review of the new Velvia, and possible comparison to the old one would be nice.

7. Woolliscroft

I'll second that.

8. Mojo_66

Maybe a comparison to Velvia 100 too, or would that be taking things too far? :D

9. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Can you still get the old velvia? I wonder if anybody out there would part with some of their stash for a test? I'm alright...I don't have any ;)

I wouldn't mind comparing 800z with superia 800....I have some on order to play with down the bike trails when the weather is grim :D

10. Mr_Geoff

Mr_Geoff Well-Known Member

You can still get old velvia from 7dayshop I think... it was there last time I looked...

11. Mojo_66

7day shop do still have some, but I suspect I may have more in my fridge. :D

12. Woolliscroft

I still have about 40 rolls in the freezer.

13. Danny_the_Benchist

Danny_the_Benchist Well-Known Member

Why would you have rolls of film in the freezer? :D

14. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Because the fridge was already full?

15. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Because he's buried the bodies now?

16. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I always kept film in the fridge much to the annoyance of the wife - nowadays I keep the compacts in there to keep the sensors cool for those noise free shots ;)

Chris [​IMG] ...it's the way I tell 'em!

17. mertonia

mertonia Well-Known Member

We don't what any hot pixels, do we? :D

The only thing i keep in the salad draw are bottles of beer

peter

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Peter, I have found fridge and freezer drawers to be more hassle than they are worth....you can fit more in when you don't have them /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I think that's what the ladies of the night say about drawers, too...

20. D_GEORGOPOULOS

D_GEORGOPOULOS New Member

As a vintage photographer I still use 70% film and 30% digital.
    Aesthetically I find digital inferior to film and although digital is the future I think it still has a long way to go until the main body of digital photographers, either amateurs or pro, change their line of reasoning towards the digital mean and come in terms with the ethos of analogue photography as it developed and flourished in the 20th century.
    dvg