1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Film camera/digital camera - which do you use most often?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Damien_Demolder, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

I hope you won't think I'm being nosey...

We want to know whether the majority of magazine readers and forum users are shooting most of their pictures with film cameras or with digital cameras. This is, of course, a different question to ‘what do you think is best?’ as it is ‘what do you actually use the most?’ I know it isn't a straight forward question as some people will shoot certain subjects on film and others digitally - but this will still give us an idea.

Head to The Home Page to vote

damien demolder

2. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

There isn't a 50/50 option... :(

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

As if! :D

On holiday in Cornwall the other week I shot 1800 pics on digital, and one roll of Velvia 100... :eek:

4. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

What about 51/49% ?????? too close to call!

5. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

Purely digital for me. I haven't run a film through a camera since I bought my first Dslr about 18 months ago. And I hadn't used a camera for about 8 years before that.

6. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

I was certain there would be someone...but I didn't expect it so soon

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Hadn't shot a roll of film for a couple of weeks but fired some 160s through the camera last night....36 shots on film, a few on a dSLR and a few on a digital compact. The film SLR feels the best by far...when you press the shutter on an eos 3, boy do you know the shutter has fired :cool:

I think I'm safe in saying it's still mostly film I shoot for most things :D

8. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

I'm mostly digital to a ratio of 5059:24.

I suspect that the majority of voters will be the same and that a whole load of film users won't vote because they're not on th'internet.

9. bagpuss

I'm always the awkward one; I went with the film option as I tend to make more prints from the negs.

10. Nasos

Nasos Well-Known Member

Mainly my digital camera
    but, WHEN I'm in the mood for b/w I mainly use a film camera and in particular a MF rangefinder

I'd say 80% digital, 20% film

11. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

That wasn't the question though. The question was "what do you actually use the most?".

So if you use the digital camera the most, but print mostly from negs then the answer would still be 'Digital Camera'.

12. bagpuss

http://choose-film.com/

/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. bagpuss

I use film and digital about 50/50 because my college course is based around traditional b&w film and printing, so chose the film option because I make more prints from the film I shoot.

14. APchris

APchris Well-Known Member

Digital for me, BUT - having just bought a Zorki 4K I'll soon be looking into this 'film' thing! :D :D

15. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Make sure the film thing isn't loaded before you look into it or you'll fog all the images you've captured...

16. The Circle Of Confusion

The Circle Of Confusion Well-Known Member

Almost 100% film for me.

I had to use digital for an assignment last night but afterwards I ran a roll of Velvia through my Pentax SuperA to cleans my soul of the evil spirits...

17. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Oh! And my tuppence worth.

I still use film occasionally but use digital a LOT more. Also, once the film's been processed and en-prints made (if print film used), any decent negs/slides get scanned and printed digitally at home.

18. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

10:30am
    - 70% digital
    - 30% film

Let's see how it goes. An interesting one this.

19. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Best fire in some Illford to make sure the evilness has left for sure ;)

20. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

And put on your Tweed Jacket (with elbow patches) :D :D :D