1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Model Needing A Photographer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by cloenna, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datawise

datawise Well-Known Member

cloenna, unfortunately you haven't spent enough time listening before speaking. The majority of posters to these forums are helpful and courteous (bettina included), but they also have a great sense of humour, which comes out even in serious posts. I don't believe anyone is laughing at you, but we are all amused by typos that have an unfortunate alternative meaning.

You have jumped in to a forum full of friends who understand each other (and their sense of humour). Given the advice that you are asking for, and receiving, a little bit of courtesy on your part would be much appreciated and would encourage a return to the topic that you originally posted.

With kind regards (and fully spell checked ;)),

Peter

2. cloenna

cloenna Member

I am always all ears, but sometimes speak before i think (especially in a rush) but still i am courteous and never rude, and i would never make someone feel unwelcome or pushed out when they ask for help, why is exactly what bettina did...
    You might be slightly amused by my typos, but it is completley unnessisary to keep mentioning them, its complely uncalled for and i refuse to be belittled by anyone when i do not deserve it...
    and as you can see now, we have completely drifted from my orignial choice of topic....

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I'm sorry, I thought you'd come here in the hope of forming a mutually beneficial and career advancing relationship with a photography. My mistake. :rolleyes:

4. cloenna

cloenna Member

I come here just for a little advice was hoping to find a photographer to help me build a portfolio, so then i can advance in the modelling industry....
    I dont understand why you all have to be so critical see the address at the top amateurphotographer this means are or have been amateurs at some point, i think you would be a little defensive if someone was contantly laughing at every mistake you made

5. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

Are we going to carry on making a dyslexic person suffer for her condition, or are we going to accept it and be more tolerant as we should. Admit Bettina was being rude and if she was offering help then why be so sarcastic. This site does have a tendency to take people down and at times some of these people deserve it but Cloenna doesn't. She asked for some advice and to a greater degree got good advice. After Bettina's second post I hoped Cloenna would let it pass but why should rudeness be acceptable. So Cloenna if your still prepared to patronized have the p taken out of you. Then your a better person than me and I hope you stay with us.

6. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Actually, we don't 'all have to be so critical', there is some sound advice above... The rest is banter, leg-pulling, if you read more of the forum you'll realise it's a characteristic of the membership who (generally) refuse to take themselves too seriously - although many do take their photography very seriously.

(Incidentally, with regards the address 'amateur' also means; a person who admires something; devotee; fan. (French, from Latin amator, lover, from amare, to love, and perhaps more in mind when the magazine was founded in 1884 (some of the original readers are still with us, I think)) It is not indicative of a lack of professionalism or skill on the part of the membership here. ;))

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

MODERATOR'S NOTE

I think it's time to stop arguing the rights and wrongs of who was rude and who wasn't and move on and - there's no benefit to anyone from arguing the toss further.

The advice to always check ALL your public announcements with regard to your career is very good and useful, though.

8. cloenna

cloenna Member

Re: MODERATOR'S NOTE

ok i am obviously fighting a no win situation here...

changing the subject just slightly lol

does anyone know a photographer that has time for free photographs?

:D

9. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Join Pure Storm or a site like it. There you'll find plenty photographers willing to do TFCD. Make sure you take a chaperone though. Good luck.

10. ChrisBrookes

ChrisBrookes Well-Known Member

Looking at your pictures, you are a very pretty girl. But remember that you are only 17 so you will need a chaperone/parent/guardian before most professional photographers will touch you, for both their protection and yours! I wish you lots of luck in your quest, and why not try some of the websites the other members have mentioned? If you are still looking at the start of college you could always volunteer to model for a college class? If I lived in Oxford I would consider helping, but not without a parent or guardian in attendance to sign the model release. Good Luck!

P.s. the other alternative is to visit a photographers studio, though that will certainly not be TFP or TFCD etc. Take a great wodge of cash with you!

11. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Not the best choice of words there Chris! ;) :D

12. cloenna

cloenna Member

haha now thats funny

13. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the photogrpher really. I know two very good young female photographers (17 and 18) near me who would have no problems doing TFCD with a 17 year old model(in fact one of them shot my 17 year old son on that basis). But I wouldn't to TF* with a young girl, simply because I would get nothing from the shoot. I wouldn't want to have pics of a 17 year old girl in my portfolio becuae of the stigma that photographers get I wouldn't want people to think I was a perve. TFCD is supposed to be a collaboration for mutual benefit, and if I can't (or won't) use the pics I get nothing from it.

So when I have shot younger girls I charged for the shoot, and always insist on a parent being present.

So the advice give about joining a site is good advice, as there could easily be similar young photographers near you. I'd go gfo MM because Net Model makes these forums seem fast, and purestorm opens a new window every time you click on anything :-(

14. ham888

ham888 Well-Known Member

Great advice there.

Generally what I said in my PM to Chloe, I didn't post here at the time because of the way the thread was going.

I have to admit I did suggest she contacted you Phil directly, hope you didn't mind that? With hindsight should have checked with you first.

15. ChrisBrookes

ChrisBrookes Well-Known Member

LOL !!! I did consider that perhaps it could be misconstrued after I had posted it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.