1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Model Needing A Photographer!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by cloenna, Jul 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloenna

cloenna Member

Hey
    Im a amatuer female model looking for a photographer willing to make me a portfollio in exchange for my pictures as example work for their portfollio (laugh out loud) bit of a mouthful there...
    If anyone can help me in any way even with advice please get in touch

2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

You might have more luck here

Plenty of togs listed that offer time for prints.

(Also as you don't mention where you are that might be a problem!)

3. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

^WHS^

Also Web models and Model Mayhem

I'm a member of the latter and do Time for electronic files and prints at cost.

4. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

Now, slowly repeat after me: portfolio! :D

Also, you might be an 86-year-old toothless hag and it may not be worth our while. Where's that picture of you to whet our appetite?!

5. cloenna

cloenna Member

Im near oxford

6. cloenna

cloenna Member

im actually a teenage bottle blonde blue eyed beauty how do i put a pici up?

7. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Read this

8. designboy

designboy Well-Known Member

I guess you ask this from everyone you meet that has a camera! To be honest I'd find an agency and go through them, as doing it 'your way' is not the best way to enter into working as a model. Its 95% about your agency and 5% about your looks. I work full time in a design company in Belfast and we only hire that way - but we have photograhers do it for us, till now :)

Im sure a lot of blokes here will be more than happy to see you, but to save you time - skip it.

9. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

Go for modelmayhem.com
    it doesn't cost anything and there's some excellent photgos on there. Just remember one shoot does not a portfolio make, also if your lucky you may even find an mua that's prepared to do tfp also

10. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

An agency will give you some important advantages:
    Safety - advertising yourself online is not the safest thing to do. Whilst the majority of us are ok, there are some weirdos out there.

I've come across lots of girls who wanted to be models, and have ended up paying for hundreds for their portfolios (something that shouldn't happen)and often when they get to the shoot they're asked to do nude (read 'glamour') straight away "go -on, take your top off, you can get more work if people know what yoru body looks like"

Honesty. Whilst there are some stunning girls out there, it doesn't mean that they are model material. The prettiest girl in the world may not be as photogenic as the ugliest critter from the black lagoon - sometimes it just works that way.
    The agencies will be able to tell you what your chances are and will be able to give you tips on how to present yourself (just ignore anything about going super-slim, no-one but zombies actually likes it!)

Security: You'll get paid for the work you do. Sure, the agency takes a cut, but they will be able to negotiate better fees, more work and demand payment.

Just go for a reputable agency. I know some girls don't want to go this way for many reasons, but it is the best option

11. designboy

designboy Well-Known Member

what he said, just I said it faster :) I'm sure a lot of blokes here will be happy to shhot you. But to make any real money at it do it the right way. I hope this helped, you really have to just be good at it, as deddard says you do not need to be a stunner, in fact my mum would be a good model - but thats cause she is weird and a natural performer!

12. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

In order to get on the agencies books the model will need some quality photos. Most likely the agency will offer to provide the photographer at considerable cost. A good agency will be happy with a model having her own pics and this is where the tfp photographer comes in. All the models I've shot are wanting to get on a good agencies books. Finding a good one is a lot harder than finding the photographer. Also most of the photogs on the likes of modelmayhem and other proper sites are ok people they've got reputations to keep. So for any model wanting to start, don't pay any silly money you don't need to spend any at all. Lay out your limits on what type of modeling you want to do and if you get any problems just walk and report the incident to the sites admin. The most important thing to remember is it's tough out there and turn up to every shoot.

13. bench_ubbster

bench_ubbster Well-Known Member

Now, now. That's being ageist /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You can get nice character shots if this is the case. Also, a bad workman always blames his/her tools. Lets face it, some pro-models are certainly tools :D :D

14. cloenna

cloenna Member

I know that usually agencys can acept models without portfolios, but someone can look completely diffrent in person to how they act behind a camera.

I want to build a large portfolio of many diffrent styles- headshots, bodyshots, prom style dresses, alternitive clothes and makeup, casual styles, props and outdoor shoots; so that the agencys i apply for can see i can do anything and everything...
    Please keep the advice coming, i love a good debate lol....

Oh and as i am only 17 does anybody know if there are any legal documents i can apply for confirming my guardians permission?????

Chloe

15. stenchbings

stenchbings Well-Known Member

you will need to sign a model release form and most standard ones say that if the person is under 18 you will need parents consent. might not be a bad idea to get ur guardian to go with you on shoots. gotta be safe.

16. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

Not usally for Tests, but as you are under 18 I, for one, would insist that you had a parent present

17. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. cloenna

cloenna Member

look bettina have u really got nothing better to do but sit there and critise everything i write...
    everybody makes mistakes and as it happens i was tired as iv been putting so much work into looking for the right photographer....so get off your high horse and leave ur comments on someone elses post

19. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

Chillax!

20. cloenna

cloenna Member

im sorry but i dont see why i should have to tolerate her been rude to me all the time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.