1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fell into a tripod hole...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGW, Jan 3, 2018.

1. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

A very battered beastie - still his pictures survived.

3. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Its amazing how resilient memory cards actually are... and we worry about the digital archive!

Graeme

4. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I put a card through the wash once
    (money laundering) and it survived

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

So there is a tripod still to be found?

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

The mystery deepens.....

Graeme

7. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

If it had been an old Zenit the camera would still be intact and the rocks surrounding it ground to dust.

Zou and AndyTake2 like this.
  8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Da! Such is the power of the Soviet system of production. This is why the Soviet Union will sweep away the cringing jackals of capitalism. Oh! Wait a minute... :cool:

9. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I saw that story on FB the other day and I'm really pleased that they found out who the camera/card/images belonged to. It's lovely when things like that work out well. Struggling a bit with the idea of walking away and leaving my camera, even on a tripod, next to the river if there was even the remoted chance of it slipping/falling/being swept away but then maybe I'm paranoid.

10. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I'm sure I am - I'm not relaxed even if my trail camera is sited in my garden.

11. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, people will take chances...
    [​IMG]

This picture was in the i yesterday - not on their website, but used by other papers - found it on the Yorkshire Post site...

Zou likes this.
  12. PC60

PC60 Member

This would be why AP when it reviewed the relatively new Zenit E described it in a way that I not sure would be PC these days, so edited.... 'robust enough to be used for photos and as a club and "certain regional" wedding..'

Will the insurance co want a rebate for the memory card retrieved.... ? probably.

13. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

50 metres of parachute cord goes with me when out and about.
    If I put my tripod down anywhere I think it is in danger from wind etc, just tie it to a tree or something,

Geren likes this.