1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on Updated Galleries

Discussion in 'Personal Portfolio Sites' started by chrismdale, Oct 18, 2016.

1. chrismdale

chrismdale Active Member

Hi, I posted my site a while back but have recently updated the look of the galleries as well as the categories etc.
    Would love some feedback on how well this works for people, it's a self made site and my main concern is on a slower connection it can take a while to load all the images before they sort into the correct layout so would appreciate knowing if that's an issue for anyone?

http://chrismdale.co.uk/

Thanks

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

works ok for me. nice and clean look. Went into the Blog. If there is a way back to tbe main site I couldn't find it. Using an ipad. ot a computer.

3. chrismdale

chrismdale Active Member

Thanks Pete, fair point, the gallery, about and print links on the blog go back to the main site but I've never been completely happy with that.
    For now I'm going to see if I can make the blog title on the left link back to the homepage with a tweak to the code, but will see if there's a better way of integrating the blog on a normal looking page long term.

4. Rasha

Rasha Well-Known Member

Looks simple and neat.. But within the gallery there could be a better way to display the photos...

5. chrismdale

chrismdale Active Member

Thanks for checking it out, was there something in particular you didn't like about the way the galleries look?

6. Rasha

Rasha Well-Known Member

It's not something I didn't like, the thumbnails display in each gallery can be better it looks a bit chaotic...not really blending together. Cannot put my hand on it exactly.