1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with buggy website, can you advise me please?

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Louise, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

I've been given the dtails about a website called https://www.lovefromtheartist.com but I'm getting fed up with it now, because something don't seem to be working. I've created my libuary etc which I can make into cards, but when I try to order anything nothing happens, or I get error messages or some stupid problem why it won't work.

Should I carry on wasting my time with this site? My friend who's also on it has got some lovely cards from them, but It doesn't seem to work with me. I'm fed up to the back teef of things going wrong for me.

Just ticked the box and the stupid basket has cleared itself showing nothing, so i have to go through all the process again!

Tried following the instruction but because of my autism, I'm finding it hard to follow. Can anyone else recommend a more easier similar website before I pull my hair out!

2. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Louise,

I gather that you're trying to purchase a card from them, as opposed to trying put some art/cards on their site. If so, and like me, if
    I can't make my way through or figure out a website after a few attempts, I'll just move along to something else/simpler :)

Cheers and, please, leave your hair in your head … it's looks beautiful :)

Jack

Louise likes this.
  3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I find similar problems with some websites when using Explorer, they don't occur with Edge. A number of sites seem to be incompatible with the older browser, not saying that is where your difficulty lies, but it is a possibility.

Louise likes this.
  4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It is true that not all browsers work with all sites - older iexplorer versions in particular. I gave up wuth Edge which is the windows 10 offering because I mainly use corporate extranets which are written for iexplorer.

It's not really possible to diagnose your problems by Q&A. If your friend has used this site successfully why not ask her to sit down and do an example with you? That is the easiest way to rule out a technical problem and to explain how it works.

Louise likes this.
  5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hi Louise,
    Are you trying to buy cards designed by someone else, or create cards? And if you are wanting to create cards are they for that website to sell or just for you to create and use for your own purposes?

Kath

6. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

If you think that website is bad, just try applying for an Indian Tourist Visa online!

7. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

I'm trying to buy a card of my own work which I can see an example of, but for some reason it's not letting me. Thanks about the hair. har har!

I'm using Firefox as the site said it wouldn't work with Microsoft edge, you don't think Firefox has a prob with the site do you? It's frustrating as i have to keep emailing the moderators for help, as there's no forum on the site.

Even she said it was tricky when she used it a year ago.

Only one's I made myself.

To use for my own purposes for now.

8. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It's possible. The easiest way to ascertain that is to try either Chrome or Explorer.

Failing that, find another site that does something similar.

There may be a set of parameters for pictures being loaded, it might be an idea to check that those you are using comply with that specification.

9. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of one please?

How do I do that?

10. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Check on the website, it may be that there is a maximum image size for items loaded that you are exceeding or a particular file type may be required. If this is the case there should be something somewhere on the site detailing any such requirements.

11. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Done that, only two were of low resilution.

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I don't have autism and I lost the will to live after about five minutes! I can see how to buy cards that someone else has designed and I can see how to apply to be a 'contributor' but I am struggling to even see where you would upload images to create cards that you just wanted to order for yourself. I don't know how many you were wanting or how much you were willing to pay for them, but my friend down the road used printed.comto make her point of sale stuff from my photographs for a trade fair and they do greeting cards too. Might be worth a look? They have an online chat person to talk you through things if you get stuck as well.

https://www.printed.com/products/2/greeting-cards

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  13. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

So you have been to love the artist? I was trying to order one for myself off this site but like you was having difficulties. I'll check out printed.com and see what they are like?

14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Only to see if I could understand the difficulties you were having. I don't think they're the right place for what you want to be honest. Have a look at printed.com and see what you think. I like that they have someone to 'chat' to if you get stuck!

15. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Apparently now I have to order 10 cards at 40p each, so that would make them £4? Can I sell my own designed cards on printed.com?

16. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

No, they are just a place where you can get them printed, which is why I asked what it was you were wanting from the other website - i.e. to make cards to use yourself or to to make cards to sell from the website.

17. Louise

Louise Well-Known Member

Thanks, sorry I'd like to turn my own designs into cards to give to family and friends, I think people can buy them off the website as well I bealive.