1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

February Forum Theme - It's All About Colour

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Geren, Jan 31, 2018.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes the golden triangle. Saw plenty of weddings in Cochin. Place we stayed was doing Hindu in one garden same time as Moslem, or Christian in another. Wifey went and joined in both.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Eggstatic.

I hope you understand that I only bought a bag of Cadbury mini eggs and a bag of M&S Chicky Choccy Speckled Eggs for artistic reasons only. The British Blue eggs will make my lunch and I may do a comparison test on the Cadbury and M&S ones.:)

[​IMG]eggstatic by Nigel G, on Flickr

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Porkies!!!
    Enjoy!
    Blue eggs? Duck? Or are there blue hen's eggs?

4. dream_police

White lie maybe;)

Hens Eggs. These are from Aldi. Waitrose also do blue ones but are considerably more expensive! They have nice yellow yolks.

Catriona likes this.
  5. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

It's inspiring to see somebody suffering so much for their art!

Cheers, Jeff

Geren, dream_police and RogerMac like this.
  6. dream_police

Eggstatic Part 2

Ooops all gone.

[​IMG]oops all gone by Nigel G, on Flickr

Oh and Andrew, please don't sue me for cribbing your entry from last month, lol.

Geren and Done_rundleCams like this.
  7. Nikonchris

Nikonchris Well-Known Member

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

You realise eggs are eggs. The colour of the shell relates to the colour of the hen that laid them.

9. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Going back to the theme "It's all about colour" here is a book I studied for A level and still (occasionally) dip into

Attached Files:

10. dream_police

The Legbar (which I believe these eggs are from-certainly Waitrose ones are) do produce nice eggs. The yolks are a nice yellow colour and do taste better than some other eggs, although I accept it could be due to the actual care/farming of the hens themselves. I'd say it is more of a grey hen than a blue one though.

I have just googled the bit about the colour of the hen as i assumed you were taking the mick. It would appear it has more to do with the colour of the earlobe of the hen (according to several sites) The cream Legbar with white earlobes lays blue eggs according to one story I've been looking at.

11. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

That's my wife's default position and is probably prudent.

dream_police likes this.
  12. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

My wife has suggested I put this one on this thread...

Just one left.jpg

Geren, Done_rundleCams, miked and 2 others like this.
  13. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

You have a very smart wife, Chester :)
    .... but, of course, you already knew that ;)

Cheers,

Jack

14. Catriona

By the way, Geren (Kath) is in hospital at the moment - not too well. I've not heard from her today, but I'll let you know when I do hear.

15. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Crikey. Hope she's on the mend soon. Pass on my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Catriona likes this.
  16. Catriona

Will do. They were moving her to another hospital yesterday and I haven't heard from her since. Hopefully today will see an iimprovement.

17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Hello! Thank you Catriona. I’m honestly fine. Or at least not in any immediate danger of not being able to judge this month’s theme ;-). I went to see my doctor because of a persistent pain in my arm that was really very debilitating. I assumed a trapped nerve or something similar and was on the look out for some better painkillers than I had. However my blood pressure was sky high and I was sent off to hospital in case it was all heart related. A day of poking and prodding reveals my heart to be in fine fettle which is great but we are left scratching our heads over the BP readings. Currently being tested for Cushings disease which I don’t want but would explain a lot of other things. I’m in for another 24 hours at least but I’m hopeful that I’ll be home for the weekend. Doing my best to be a model patient so they’ll let me out for good behaviour!

18. Catriona

That'll be a first! Ha!
    I do hope you get the results of tests quickly and they find out what's wrong. Hope you are sneakily snapping pics!!
    Get well soon.
    Kate

19. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Good grief! I hope you're better soon Kath.

Cheers, Jeff

20. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

OMG
    What is it about this winter! I am now into double figures as to people I know who have a serious problem and I do hope that does not include you, Kath.
    Anyway get well soon and in the meantime we are missing you.

Geren and Catriona like this.