1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feb 2017 theme - Mood

Discussion in 'Forum Competitions and Themes' started by Catriona, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I like that ou. Very Oriental!

I'm just 'edgy'!

vase mono 2 ap.jpg

Zou likes this.
  2. Catriona

Right!
    We are now on the last weekend of the month and it's decision time for me!

Firstly, I'd like to thank you all (and my neighbours, and shop till girls at the Co-op) for getting me through February. It's always a horrid month for me. Too much darkness. Too much horrid weather and lethargy sets in with a vengeance! My rather uninspiring theme was a symptom of this but you all responded well, so thank you.

Nige - your Gin and Ginger ale sparkled with life and bubbles and was a treat!
    Geren - your portrait of the young lad was lovely and if it wasn't for his cheerful expression (in the face of his dire prediction) I'd say it was a TW contender!
    AlanW - your Scottish National Portrait Gallery shot was very thought provoking and your Bram Stoker Whitby look-alike was very spooky!
    Zou - you calmed me down with that gorgeous seascape and filled me with wishful thoughts of summer.....
    Craig20264 - your Gloomy Sunday was so worth the effort of getting that great composition - kudos to you.

BUT

For the February NOIR par excellence - Fishboy (Jeff) - your beautifully crafted and composed Still Life was the essence of February mood for me! Nordic Noir WON the day.

I now look forward to seeing what you are going to give us for the March theme.

Well done!
    And again, thank you all for submitting and putting up with my less than inspiring theme!

Kate

3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Nice write up Kate, and indeed a good choice. I look upon February as the last stepping stone to spring. It helps me through. Easy for me to say living down here in the tropical climate of East Anglia I know. I do have memories of even gloomier Februaries though as I grew up in the North Wales, a climate not dissimilar to your own. Anyway, we can now look ahead to the warmer months and all the good things that come along with them, lighter evenings, pottering around in the garden, all the things that seemed so far away at the beginning of November.
    Oh, and many thanks for the mention. (Cheque's in the post ;))

Sorry Jeff, meant to add my congratulations but got side tracked with a couple of spaniels running around with leads in their mouths. Think they're trying to tell me something! :)

Catriona likes this.
  4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Jeff, a worthy winner. The worrying thing though, what the hell is that brain of his going to conjure up??

We all know it's going to be on the weird side.:)

Catriona and Zou like this.
  5. Catriona

Haha! I know! It will be.... interesting! Hope he's not on holiday!

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Kept thinking I had much more time than I did, but I for one am not sorry to be seeing the back end of February. My dissertation is in and there are daffodils poking out of a pot at the bottom of the stairs so Spring must be on its way! Nice job Kate, on picking out a worthy winner....looking forward with anticipation to see what Jeff comes up with!

Catriona likes this.
  7. Catriona

Jeff! Are you around? Hope all's well.

8. Shinnen

Shinnen Active Member

9. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Wow - thanks Kate! There were some excellent entries - my personal favourite was Zou's 'soft light' seascape, but everybody seemed to rise to the occasion.

OK - so now I've got to come up with a theme - let me have a bit of a think and I'll let you all know what March's theme is tomorrow.

Cheers, Jeff

AlanW, Zou, Catriona and 1 other person like this.
  10. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Right.

After careful consideration the March theme is:

The Devil is in the Detail

I'll start the thread in the Exhibition section very shortly and would be grateful if one of the mods could move it when posted.

Cheers, Jeff

Catriona likes this.
  11. Catriona

Thank you Jeff. Time for the glasses I think - and not the drinking ones. ;)