1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty Casio EXILIM digital camera

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by EstrellaAzul, Aug 20, 2010.

1. EstrellaAzul

EstrellaAzul New Member

Hello from a Newbie..I have a Casio EX-Z750 which has been working perfectly and is a great camera. However, I went to take a photo and although it will take it, it does not store it. It also is not very responsive to turning on/off. Finally after the red light flashes for approx 30 seconds, it shows CARD ERROR. I am concerned it may not be the card and something more. Has anyone had a similar experience with this model? I do not want to pay for a new card if it is not that but something else.

2. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with this camera, but there are some things that you might like to try.

Remove the memory card from the camera and check the card and slot for dirt / damage etc and then replace.

Reset the camera to factory default conditions. This might be via a menu option, or possibily achieved by removing the battery for a while and then replacing it.

Borrow (or buy, they are very cheap these days) another SD memory card to try in the camera. This might eliminate, or prove the card to be the culprit.

Hopefully, somebody with Casio model knowledge will be along and be able to elaborate further.

3. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

Not used a Casio Exilim camera, but it is always a good idea to try to reformat the card in camera if you have a problem.

If this does not work then getting a replacement card (does not have to be a large or expensive one) will show if the problem is with the card or the camera, and you can take it from there.

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

"Card error" messages usually do indicate that the card has failed. With the price of memory cards these days, it's common sense to have at least two. If you are in any doubt, take the camera into a shop selling cameras and ask to try one of the cards that they use for their demo models. If it works OK, that should almost 100% put the blame on your existing card

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I had the EX 850 which just stopped working one day - super little compact for its day :)

Like most things these days, too expensive to repair, so buried it with full honours in the dustbin :eek: :D

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Mine just stopped working a few weeks back :( I think it was a 770 but the writing is all scratched off....not worth repairing unfortunately. Could probably get a new camera for the price of someone looking at the (3 year) old one.

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Sort-of-footnote....
    Younger Daughter has an Elixim EX-Z80 (IIRC, it may be a 70). In Malaysia, outdoors (around 35 deg C) at the start of the week, it would start up and immediately switch off with "lens error" message. However when it had cooled down again (in the hotel etc), it worked OK, and has done so since we returned to the UK