1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Page For Photographers? Have to like to view?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by andantesash, May 12, 2013.

1. andantesash

andantesash Member

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone can tell me how I can make it that people have to like the page first so they can see photos inside a gallery? I want people to view the main image but to view more they have to like the page first.

Is there any way to do this?
  2. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

I would hope that what you ask is impossible.
  3. ianwaite

ianwaite Well-Known Member

Ditto, I think that falsifying your status in my view and not appropriate.

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

I comment as someone who does not use Facebook, twittr or any other similar site. What you seem to want to do is gain approval without people viewing, unreasonable. Just fortifies my reasons for not using these sites.
  5. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Perhaps you could ask in a facebook chatroom. Surely there is a chatroom on facebook where you can ask questions about facebook?
  6. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

I agree. In fact I'd be all in favour of declaring this forum a FB free zone ...
  7. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, when this forum software was revamped, some FB like aspects appeared, and at the moment I have an unanswered request in my Notifications for an "Incoming Friend Request" for someone to become my "friend".

I'm hoping that it will go away if I ignore it long enough.
  8. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

Amen to that brudder.
  9. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

I was about to say 'cue the usual anti-FB suspects', but I see they are already here...

As for Friend request here, seek and yee shall find the means to dismiss the request. ;)
  10. Fen

Fen <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #AF7817;">L

The OP came here to ask for help and all you've done is moan about Facebook.

I'm starting to think that you either love Facebook so much or that your lives are so empty that you have to comment on the post.

If you don't like Facebook, stop commenting about it!

In regards to the OP's question. I'm not totally sure how you do, I would guess the settings for this would be in the 'Group Settings' within Facebook for your page.

If you can't find it there, have a look at Facebook's Help Pages for more info.
  11. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Without actually being for or against Facebook I think it's just indicative of the age we live in that people feel the need to have as many friends (that they've never met) or likes as possible. It's just life today in general. For the more perverse amongst us a dislike button would be brilliant. Then we would have proof of the number of people we have peed of during the course of a day.
  12. andantesash

andantesash Member

Thanks for the comments.

I actually despise facebook! I only have an account for my photography stuff and a like page, the reason I set it up as I posted a few pictures and people started asking about my prices etc, so put up tons of work and im over flowing with work now.

Have to turn so much away, so I would highly recommend it to any photographing professionals or amateurs, its the best free advertising you can get.
  13. TheFatControlleR

Can't argue with that, there are a lot of folk on FB playing the ridiculous numbers game. I tend avoid them, which is very easy to do with the controllability one has over who you see and who sees you on FB.
  14. TheFatControlleR

Peddle faster... ;)
  15. Fen

Fen <span style="font-weight: bold; color: #AF7817;">L