1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extreme macro site

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by ingleslenobel, Nov 21, 2013.

1. ingleslenobel

ingleslenobel Member

I built it, extreme macro is my thing, but it maybe of interest to other photographers that want to build up their studio over the winter to be ready for next year. It's 200 pages with all sorts of information in there, from lenses to lighting, and brand agnostic. Specifically it's designed for people on a budget like myself as this can be a quite esoteric niche costing a lot of money. Feel free to leave your own experiences with things as well! Site is at http://extreme-macro.co.uk/

2. ingleslenobel

ingleslenobel Member

Yep, that it is!

3. deanolorenzo

deanolorenzo Well-Known Member

An excellent site, interesting and informative, now I have some time off work I can have a good look and hopefully learn lots. You've already inspired me to stretch the boundaries.
    Cheers, Dean.

4. ingleslenobel

ingleslenobel Member

Extreme macro is a lot of fun, makes for very popular images and is very affordable nowadays with a glut of flatfield enlarger lenses around. It's also something that you can quite easily do in the middle of winter - in fact that's the best time to get started with an indoor studio! My site explores all this, the various ways to get started, the studio equipment you need etc. If you want to get started with this I'd urge people to set aside an hour or so and have a good browse of it, well worth the time.

5. TimHeath

TimHeath Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, I've bookmarked the site and will have a good look later.

6. Hez

Hez Member

Wow, thank you. Brilliant site and I've book marked it.

7. andicbair

andicbair Active Member

Great site. Sounds like a lot of fun.
    - Andi

8. spangler

spangler Well-Known Member

A splendid site that I've learnt things from with just an initial browse. I'm off to fit baffles in my bellows!

Andrew

9. ingleslenobel

ingleslenobel Member

Thanks gents!

10. Dead Man

Dead Man New Member

Nice site! Got it bookmarked.

11. tonyb73

tonyb73 Member

Your main front image sold the site to me, makes my macro look a paltry just looking on bay for a faulty lens now. Going to have a bash at making my own
    mpe-65.

Cheers
    Tony

www.tonyburgumphotography.com