1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU referendum

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Feb 5, 2016.

?

How do you intend to vote

1. Remain in EU

46 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. Leave EU

26 vote(s)
    31.3%
  3. Undecided

11 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I don't think that Gibraltar will be very happy about the result given their close ties and even dependance upon EU member Spain............

Lynn

2. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

There's a petition for a new referendum. Given that the Leavers are now ADMITTING that their campaign was based on lies, SIGN IT.

Cheers,

R.

3. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Waiting for the confirmatory email to sign.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Me too. Has not arrived.

5. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Give it time, the website was off for a while yesterday due to high use. Took mine a few hours to come through.

S

6. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Roger Hicks likes this.
  7. Roger Hicks

No, what we MEANT was.... And besides, Call-me-Dave lied to us.... and... well... just BECAUSE, all right?

Cheers,

R.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Surely we all know that politicians are allowed to lie when campaigning? Campaign literature/statements are exempted from normal advertising standards.

9. Roger Hicks

True, but the linked clip was weaseling after the event.

Cheers,

R.

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Precisely - promise, win, weasel - as easy as 123.

Actually I rather like weasels (the animals), so can we use a different word? 'Tory' is available as a straight replacement.

11. Roger Hicks

Nah... The dentition is slightly different, and Tories are bigger, heavier and a lot more vicious.

Cheers,

R.

Zou likes this.
  12. Trannifan

It seems that predominantly catholic areas - Sinn Fein etc.- voted stay whilst predominantly unionist areas voted for brexit. All it will take is a couple of hot-heads from either side and we've got "The Troubles - Reloaded".

Lynn

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

The other divide is of course political. Sinn Fein are a pretty left wing party (and despite reunification of Ireland being a priority, actually quite internationalist), and the DUP are pretty right wing (and Brit-nationalistic).

14. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Given that anyone born in Northern Ireland can claim Irish nationality (and by extension EU citizenship) it will create quite a headache to exit the EU.

15. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Can we have this thread suspended until there is a new referendum or never. There is another thread on the aftermath. Its a pain to follow both of them.

16. Roger Hicks

Choose one, then. I quite like having both. I've never quite understood how "I'm not interested" translates into "Nobody should be allowed to see this."

Cheers,

R.

17. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Dear Roger,
    You miss my point Roger. I don't want to silence anyone. Please can we divert all comments on this referendum into one thread.
    This thread has had its day. The vote has taken place; the result is known, and there is a new place dealing with the aftermath.
    Regards John.

18. Trannifan

Seems to have stagnated at the moment...........

Lynn

19. PhotoRobin

PhotoRobin Member

If you tried to sign the petition but are still waiting for the link, check your junk folder. Mine was in there.

20. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Mine was too. Thanks for the info.