1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU referendum - aftermath

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Jun 23, 2016.

?

How did you vote?

1. Remain

45 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. Leave

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Spoiled ballot

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Didn't vote

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Wasn't eligible

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I heard something like 25-28%, which is not a vast majority.

S

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

3. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Two-thirds according to Sky News for 18-35s. Not sure how they got that. The Opiniom Poll scored 64% of 18-24yos as voting [ie. the opposite to Sky but from a 2000 strong sample] according to the Guardian. FT had interesting analysis on chart halfway down, here: http://blogs.ft.com/ftdata/2016/07/...ow-about-turnout-by-age-at-the-eu-referendum/ . Despite extended time for Registration & possibility of postal vote, turnout among young consistently falling except for 2010 GE. Oly

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
  4. 0lybacker

Thing is, Footloose, if you were able & willing to use a PC it was possible to find out loads of stuff, especially on the EU's own web-site. Cheers, Oly
    It could also be argued, Graeme, that the current PM has been put in place by the 'vote' of only one person! If May wanted to call an Election, could she get enough support to overturn the Act that committed us to 5 year Parliaments? I can imagine there will be quite a lot of MPs - and Party leaders, especially - none too keen to have one. Cheers, Oly

5. 0lybacker

Billy Bragg has a few spare rooms at his place. ;)

6. 0lybacker

That's my worry, Lynn. Balancing that was the testimony of a gent (a former French Foreign Minister?) asked to review France's anti-terror resources. He had nothing good to say about the EU whatsoever, although he was polite enough (unlike one of his successors!) not to mention the EU by name. You can listen to it on iPlayer from about 1.30pm, BBC lunchtime news. Hopefully, they will call in the Administrative Receivers soon. Oops! Can't do that. Roman law. Oh well. FleetwoodMac to follow the Eagles? Cheers, Oly

7. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Not the same people... Just the same age group as those not voting
    That age group who did vote, voted strongly for remain.

steveandthedogs likes this.
  8. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

If we had a general election now then who would win and why?
    Better to let May get a bit of a track record and Labour to get a leader supported by the PLP. Let's see how events unfold for a few months; only then have an election.

9. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

It's the "hand it to me on a plate" generation. It's not all their fault. We made them what they are. We're all " hand it to me on a platters". Just that with each generation it becomes more blatant