1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EU referendum - aftermath

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Jun 23, 2016.

?

How did you vote?

1. Remain

45 vote(s)
    73.8%
  2. Leave

9 vote(s)
    14.8%
  3. Spoiled ballot

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. Didn't vote

2 vote(s)
    3.3%
  5. Wasn't eligible

3 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

2. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Please don't believe for a millisecond there's a snowball's chance of this getting through

3. willie45

4. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Thanks for that link Willie.

And, no, I don't think they'll vote for a second referendum, I think that was / is never on the cards. the most we can hope for is that parliament finds the cojones to block May from hitting the self-destruct button.

5. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Oh, yes, an addendum:

I had been thinking of retiring to Dorset, where I went to school and where I have familiy. I'm not so sure now given the Leave majority, all the retired, torygraph reading colonels with longings after "empah, dontcha know old boy". Have you seen house prices in Dorset!

peterba likes this.
  6. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

If you think that's Dorset today I would pop down for a look.... You might be surprised

MJB likes this.
  7. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

Going for a week's self-catering soon, mainly to check out the LP. I was going to get a SQM to check actual values, but that would be a very good way of ensuring clouds for the whole stay.

Certainly checking out the stats on Zoopla shows a majority of over 65, torygraph readers in the area I'm looking at.

8. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

9. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

More to blame are the voters.

Roger Hicks likes this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Or not. Last there a couple of years ago and found it very UKIP-y - and my parents (who retired there) suggest not much has changed. Mrs Zou is Japanese and felt rather uncomfortable with folk staring at her in the street. We don't get that at all up here.

Roger Hicks and peterba like this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Let's call it a tie then... In DC's credit he is the architect of Scotland's pending independence, for which much recognition should be given. I suggest an annual parade of dead pigs' heads and humming his little ditty in front of the Scotland Office building in Edinburgh.

willie45 likes this.
  12. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Ah, we'll take it you are heading to Merseyside then?;)

13. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Until about five years ago, we lived near the Dorset border, and as one might expect, such proximity meant that I spent considerable amounts of time visiting, and working in, that county.

Unless things have changed substantially in the years since we left, I would say that your assessment is fairly accurate. ;):)

Roger Hicks likes this.
  14. DaveS

DaveS Well-Known Member

*shudders*

I opened a search area on Rightmove around the Galloway Dark Sky Park and was pleasently surprised by the house prices. Not so sure about the climate and lack of dark in summer for longer than down here. OTOH winter gets longer nights for imaging provided it's clear.

15. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

16. willie45

Can't disagree with you there, Terry.

17. willie45

Not sure he intended it to happen though. He's the sort of "anti-Bismarck" I suppose. One unified a country and the other broke it into little pieces :D

18. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

So some sort of Fairy then:D....

19. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

The regional radio station here has a daily (Mon-Fri) current affairs programme. Today they looked at the latest brexit developments. At the end of the programme they summed it all up with the last lines of "Hotel California" :-

'You can check out any time you like but you can never leave'

Apposite.

Lynn

20. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

I'm absolutely staggered, Mike, by the clamouring that came from young people for another vote a couple of weekends back! The stats, apparently, were available within hours of the result. It seems that a considerable number, a vast majority, of 18-35y.o.s could not be bothered to vote the first time. They then went out on demos and marches calling for a re-run. Bizarre? Cheers, Oly