1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Escourt at anchor

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Old git, May 5, 2012.

1. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Well it's how he spelled it! A shot from Old Git too..............

2. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

This seems a bit lacking in contrast and saturation, the scene behind looks like a watercolour painting.
  3. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

4. dennis72

dennis72 Well-Known Member

I prefer your low tide one. The very choppy water spoils this for me.
  5. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Thanks all. Dennis this was a problem the water was neither smooth nor raging. But since neither of us has been out for a while it was at least a chance to get some shots.....
  6. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Now lookls over-cooked to me.
  7. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Yes, it does look overdone, a case for going back and starting again. I can't really say this one floats my boat:D
  8. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I quite like this, but I think something in between the original and Chris's edit would be best.
  9. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

Funny, I did do an in between one, but it still didn't bite enough for me, so added a bit more lol
  10. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

Maybe try a mask to just boost the background?
  11. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Perhaps the background should be left as a backdrop rather than an attempt made to bring it to be more than that? It works for me as originally done but does benefit from a bit of a boost.
  12. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

Save the bother, I'll just bin it. t's only a very early attempt by my wife trying to get a photo or two. Thanks