1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EOS 90D review

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bob Sapey, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Bob Sapey

Bob Sapey Active Member

Having just bought this camera I enjoyed reading the review and found it very helpful. I especially found Andrew Sydenham's tests very informative and I shall certainly try limiting my auto ISO to 3200.

daft_biker likes this.
  2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Don't forget that any opinions about image quality at high ISO settings will depend on how you view the image, or how large you print it. I've was pleasantly surprised about how good this image looked on a 30 x 40 cm print - it was taken on a much older 16 megapixel APS-C camera body than your new Canon, at ISO 8,000. I needed this ISO so that I could use F 11 and 1/1250 second with an old 80-400 zoom at 400 mm handheld. The RAW file needed a little work to adjust the contrast and colour intensity, probably because of the high ISO and because the lens is over 20 years old.

Attached Files:

3. Bob Sapey

Bob Sapey Active Member

Yes, I think that was partly why I liked the review. I'd seen others that found the ISO handling not as good as the 80D because of the increase in pixel pitch, but as I'm not averse to using NR software I thought Andrew Sydenham's test were more useful to me. Now I've tried the camera for a few days, mostly indoors because of the weather, I'm very pleased with it.