1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elements Question

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by fabs, May 31, 2007.

1. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

I have Elements 5 and when I click on "File" I get the option "Save for Web", a very useful tool I've found, especially for preparing images to post on this forum.

However, a friend of mine also has Elements 5, but instead of "Save for Web" his says "Save a copy" which does exactly the same as "Save As".

I told him to try Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S but that does the same as "Save As"

Has anyone come across this before and is there someting in the settings he can change to rectify this?

2. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Alt+Ctrl+Shift+S is standard in Elements and Photoshop for "Save for Web"

Gawd knows why it isn't working on his though.

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Might be worth his while going into 'Edit>Preferences' and trawling carefully through them to see if anything is set this way.

Only hassle I have with 'Save for Web' is that frequently it just won't start up at all (PS7) which means I have to start up my ancient copy of Elements2 and do it from there....... :( If anyone has any ideas why PS7 does this I'd be interested to hear...

4. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

Maybe the image he had loaded at the time wasn't in a Web-compatible colour space. Just a thought. Do the comparison with the same image loaded.

5. fabs

fabs Well-Known Member

Thanks

I've had a look but couldn't see anything.

Not to worry, he was getting on ok without it so.... :D