1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edinburgh Fringe 2019

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Is anyone planning on going to the Edinburgh Fringe this year for the photo opportunities ?

2. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

No more so than any other year..... One of those things that is just an hour away but I never get round to. Would try to make a meetup though.

3. Mark101

If I can get the payment sorted out for a hotel in the next few days I plan to be there 10 - 15 August. As ever, hotels etc are very expensive this time of year. Last time I did it was on a B & B basis 30 min wallk from the centre, but the place was on the top floor of a tenement and it almost killed us getting the cases up and down. Hotels with a lift in future me thinks.

daft_biker likes this.
  4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Living in Edinburgh it's very difficult to avoid, but I do enjoy it, albeit in small doses!

DSC0250 Sell.jpg

. . . . . and there are alternatives to hotels!

DSC1158 tent.jpg

daft_biker likes this.
  5. Mark101

Oh, the urban Scottish dark humour at its best.

AlanW likes this.
  6. Jimbo57

Jimbo57 Well-Known Member

Just a little tip - plan your Fringe visit around the shows you want to see (you can take in 4 or 5 a day) and regard any photo opportunities as a bonus. Get the Fringe programme before you book. It's the size of a major telephone directory with about 12,000 performances in 750 venues but it can always be used as a doorstop after the event.