1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay strobe kits

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by Richard Brady, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Richard Brady

Richard Brady Member

AndyTake2 likes this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Can't tell you about that particular set but I bought a pair in a kit for £125 about five years ago and they still work just fine.

3. Richard Brady

Richard Brady Member

Thanks, I just a bit unsure about it as I don't want to be disappointed that it doesn't perform as I would like it, one thin in particular is that the radio trigger is sent to one strobe and the others are triggered by the first strobe,
    I know that the flash duration is only a fraction of the time the camera shutter is open but i am not sure about the reliability of the operation.

4. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Looking at them I was struck that they do not offer connectivity with either of Elinchrom's or Bowens' 'S'-fit reflectors. Some of the low cost mains flash units do, which increases their versatility. No spill-kills are provided for use with the units with umbrellas. Reflector fitting appears to be push-on but there is no indication what other reflectors are available and at what cost. It might be wise to also check the cost & availability of any needed replacement 75w 'peanut' modelling bulbs. Their terms and conditions appear to be a bit ominous, too.

5. Richard Brady

Richard Brady Member

Thanks for your observations you raised some good points i didnt really think about the reflectors being just push on