1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easter Parade MK 2.. B & W or Colour..

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Toast, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Here's two more one in colour and one in B & W.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Myself I like the B & W one better..

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

But it is a simple snap / record. Why not have the whole record, colour and all? Mono does nothing for it imho. Art it will never be.

3. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

If you are going to record delusional theists then at least capture the top of the thing they are carrying.....

A better composition would have had the bottom of the frame just below the belt thing of the guy closest to you (better because there would be less ugly tarmac, and you'd get in the top of the "thing")

4. Vivid Blue

Vivid Blue Well-Known Member

I agree with what you say about the composition but don't think there's any need for the 'delusional theist' comment

5. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

Would you prefer "credulous fools"? :D

6. Vivid Blue

Vivid Blue Well-Known Member

I just think the shot should be judged on it's merits. You'd probably cause an outrage if they were another religion

7. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

They are all the same to me :p

8. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Some of the problems with these shots was I took them with a 30mm prime which is not the right lens and the reason I took the 15-85 lens off was the lens wouldn't focus and it just zoomed in and out, in and out, in and out.. and I had less than a minute before the parade went passed to change to the only other lens I had with me..
    I think they call that sods law.. and a bit peeded off the the 15-85 lens to be honest..
    But I do agree with what you have said.. its called timing.. :)

9. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Here's a better cropped one..

[​IMG]

In colour..

10. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Phil, you're at it again ! :p;)

I agree that colour is the way to go for record.

Nothing to do with critique, but I'm a wee bit intrigued as to why one chappie is wearing a blindfold. Can anyone enlighten me?

Willie

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  11. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

Hi Willie..

Its to do with types on penance.. some wear blindfolds and some go in bare feet, etc..
    and they have to pay too lug that trono around the town, it takes about 56 people to lift it and that is a medium sized one..

Paul.

12. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Ah I see. Well each to their own :)

Is it a Spanish tradition?

Willie

13. Old git

Old git In the Stop Bath

He's the one they're hanging :)

14. Toast

Toast Well-Known Member

I think its a Catholic thing as its done in other countries with there own take on it.. but its very serious over here..