1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

East and Central London

Discussion in 'Photographic Locations' started by tweedy1987, Mar 23, 2015.

1. tweedy1987

tweedy1987 Active Member

Hi all,

I have a half day on Friday and am looking for somewhere to take some snaps in east/central London. I have already done the Olympic site and the Thames.

Was thinking somewhere like Golders Green Crematorium.

Anyone have any ideas??

2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

East London cemetary at Mile End, Bow Church, there's a ton of local history around that area, a couple of years back some people from the forum did a walk round the area

3. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

If you wander down Holborn, there's some amazing stuff right in front of you...

[​IMG]

While you're there, toddle over to the Royal Courts of Justice but do be discrete, they don't mind the occasional tourist picture but the police do have the discretion to move you on from there...

[​IMG]

...and there's no telling what you might find in Docklands, these days...

[​IMG]

4. mark 1

mark 1 Well-Known Member

If your around the above area brick lane/commercial road has some graffiti if your looking for a bit of colour.

5. Olderbutnotwiser

Olderbutnotwiser Well-Known Member

I like a walk across Tower Bridge and along the south bank to Westmister bridge. Lots to see and photograph on both sides of the river.

6. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Do what I would do …. get off at a tube stop of your choice and
    wander about :) "I" find it neat to just see what pops up in front, behind, below or above you :D

Cheers and good shooting :)

Jack

7. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

Brick Lane and Spitalfields Market always attract me like a magnet and if you're into 'street' photography this could be your world.

8. Isbella Jones

Isbella Jones In the Stop Bath

I see there are so many people who's willing to help people if someone need suggestions to go where can be better views for cameras. Well I hope someone will be able to help me out in finding some beautiful places to make some attractive pictures in Finchley Central.
    Any suggestions please.

9. Sejanus.Aelianus

When I was a denizen of North West London, Finchley Central was just a little out of my way. However, two stops down the Northern Line is Highgate, which has the Cemetry, of course, and an array of impressive streets.

Alternatively, hop on a bus down Finchley Road and get off at Golders Green. Right next to the tube station is the Hippodrome Theatre (now the El-Shaddai International Christian Centre). Head south across North End Road and walk along West Heath Drive, a classic suburban road from the 'twenties, turning left at the end and on into Golders Hill Park. It's much improved from the days of my youth and now includes a small zoo plus a deer enclosure, as well as various other interesting features.

Once you've explored the park, continue south along the paths and you'll come out onto Hampstead Heath, a bit of more or less wild woodland with all sorts of green things to explore. If you head south east, you should find your way to the Hampstead Pergolla, much bigger than it sounds. Then go North East along Spaniard's Road and you'll find Kenwood House, from where you can navigate back to Highgate tube station and so to Finchley Central. There's an awful lot more to photograph in that part of North West London but, if you're into street photography, remember that neither ultra orthodox jews nor muslims are keen on having their picture taken.

Here's Kenwood House, to whet your appetite...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  10. Isbella Jones

Isbella Jones In the Stop Bath

Great. How long before have you been there?
    How was the experience?

11. Sejanus.Aelianus

It's been a few years since my last visit. Go explore, I think you'll enjoy it.