1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E M10 remote release

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by John Worsnop, Oct 22, 2017.

1. John Worsnop

John Worsnop In the Stop Bath

Hello
    I could do with a remote release, wireless or cable, for my EM10.
    Can anyone recommend a cheap third party release that works and is reliable. I would like to avoid paying the full Olympus remote release price.
    I have checked Amazon and EBay and read reviews but they have not taken me much further except to note that some releases get bad reviews for build quality.
    Any advice gratefully received please.
    Jeff

2. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I'll second this request.

Mines a mark I, btw.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I bought a cheap cable one from the internet and it was fine. But you can load the Oly app onto your phone for a remote as well.

4. John Worsnop

Thanks for reply.
    I have a windows phone
    Thanks for reply.
    I was asking which of the many various shutter release items for sale on the Amazon, E bay and other web sites could be recommended.
    A cable release would be preferred as being more convenient out in the hills when my fingers are cold and wet.
    The Olympus phone app does not work on my windows phone. I have a different app which does the same job by blue tooth but it is flaky and inconvenient to use out in the field but OK around the house and garden.
    Jeff
    PS It was much easier with film cameras when a cable release just screwed into the shutter release button !

5. RovingMike

I'll tie a knot in my neck to remember to look what cable I have this evening.

6. John Worsnop

It's not that important
    Jeff

7. RovingMike

No idea where it's gone and I need it soon too...

8. RovingMike

Found it. It is just called RM. Probably cost about £9 from Amazon. Just has a single button that you slide for hold.

9. John Worsnop

Thanks for info.
    I have ordered similar cheap Item release from Amazon ( I know I really should not use them but.....).
    If it doesn't work not much lost apart from time and botheration.
    Jeff

10. John Worsnop

Arrived today.
    Works just fine.
    Next thing I need for my Harris trip is a 10x stopper filter.
    Jeff