1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DSLR or Mirrorless

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by medavidcook, Nov 7, 2017.

1. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Mirrorless is king :p LOL

Or possibly SLT :p LOL

I have used EVFs now for 14 years works for me :)

2. medavidcook

medavidcook Well-Known Member

I didn't take it, the guy said he wanted to check it to see what he was going to do. The damage was on the grip and it was quite long,

3. caledonia84

caledonia84 Well-Known Member

Having used Mirror less for a few years now (sony) I'll give you some of the pros and cons from my experience.

Pros
    Size
    Versatility, due to the short registry almost any lens can be adapted to the E mount sytems via adapters. old and new.......
    Focus peaking - which helps with above
    Sony a6300 specifically amazing auto-focus speed and rapid 11fps on native lenses
    High IQ from an excellent sensor

Cons
    Native lenses..... mega expensive for the good ones and not a huge selection of third party E mount providers to bring the price down
    Controls can be knocked easily
    battery life around 400 shots

I'm sticking with them and hopefully will add a full frame A7 variant at some point in the future. Being able to use old legacy manual lenses is a big factor for me.

feel free to check my flickr to see the kinds of photos I take with a mirror less system, and mostly with old manual primes

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I use both full frame dSLRs and M43 mirrorless. They're each good for different things and I hang onto them both for that reason. The real difference between cameras is whether they suit you personally or not. People who say one is better than another for general use are being a bit strange in my opinion.