1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don McCullin: Looking For England (BBC4)

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by AlanW, Jan 30, 2019.

1. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Monday 4th February, 9.00pm on BBC4

Following the 83-year-old photographer as he documents England, from inner cities to seaside towns, on a journey in search of his own nation. Sixty years after starting out, McCullin returns to his old haunts in the East End of London, Bradford, Consett, Eastbourne and Scarborough, encountering an array of characters along the way.

peterba likes this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Thanks, Alan. I quite like some of his work, so I'll be making an effort to (remember to ;)) watch this.

AlanW likes this.
  3. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Already set the copying thing... thanks very much

4. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Me too, and just discovered he also has an upcoming exhibition at Tate Britain from 5th Febuary to the 6th May. (£18 walk in price!!!!)

5. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

An exhibition at Tate Britain in London won't be much use to people from Bradford, Consett, Eastbourne and Scarborough. Or to me.

Whatever happened to touring exhibitions?

6. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Cost is the issue.

Zou and AlanW like this.
  7. Chester AP

I've recorded the TV programme that was on about this last night, to watch later.
    Hopefully some of his work will be featured.

8. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Was very enjoyable, some comments in this thread.

9. Chester AP

Thank you.

10. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Not simply a marvellous photographer but a genuinely fine human being. His interaction with the people he photographed was an exemplar in politeness and manners/ A programme to watch, learn, enjoy and then repeat all over again.

Mark101 and Zou like this.