1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you see a woman here?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Catriona, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/29/arts/design/mona-vanna-lisa-louvre.html?smid=fb-share

I think it is awful. Nothing seems right to me. Not the pose, or the face, or the boobs! It looks like a drawing purporting to be a female, but done by someone without the female model in front of him. No, it doesn't ring true at all.
    Just my instinctive feeling about the image. To me, it's the face of a young adonis, definitely male. The pose and the breast/s are definitely not 'as seen'. I'm sure Leonardo would turn in his grave if any part of it is attributed to his hand.

However, that's just my opinion. Does it ring true to any of you?

Here's the picture - hopefully.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    RogerMac likes this.
  2. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Plus one from me-
    Edit And the forearms look very masculine

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Catriona likes this.
  3. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

To me the head doesn't seem to fit the body and the arm looks distinctly more male than female.

Catriona likes this.
  4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I've had worse............:oops:

willie45, dream_police and Catriona like this.
  5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Catriona likes this.
  6. Catriona

7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

The face looks almost as it it were done by two different artists, or is two different people or times of painting.
    The left side seems longer and thinner than the right, the chin is odd and the eyes a touch strange.

Could it be a case of "Alright, class, paint a woman. What do you mean we haven't one? Jimmy, get your top off, you lot use your imagination."

S

Catriona likes this.
  8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Possibly the most muscular breasts I've ever seen.

It reminds me of one of Paul Kidby's sketches of Leonard of Quirm and the young Gytha Ogg.

Adrian

Catriona and Roger Hicks like this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

No wonder she was Moaning Lisa

Catriona likes this.
  10. RogerMac

Talking about moaning my younger sister tells me that at most weddings there is a woman crying in the toilets - in fact that Moaning Mertyl at Hogwarts is drawn from life. Obviously I frequent a different type of toilet but is this really true?

11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes.

12. Catriona

Usually the bride...

RogerMac and Geren like this.
  13. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

To expand a tad... I used to work as a Bar Manager for a local hotel and we were used as a wedding venue most weekends. And most weekends there was some weepy woman in the toilet. The combination of alcohol and having someone else's happiness thrust in your face will do that.

RogerMac and Catriona like this.
  14. RogerMac

Fascinating, I had no idea I must have lead a very sheltered life!. In fact my sister was saying at my party now nice it was not to have anybody crying in the toilets, unlike weddings.

15. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I'm now wondering just how many weddings your sister attends! Or is she in the business of weddings in some manner?

16. RogerMac

She is not into weddings in fact she is an architect. But I suppose this kind of thing does tend to stick in the mind.

17. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Its a practice canvas with several images on there, just like when your film did not go through the camera and there were several images on the same frame........;)

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Good old fashioned focus stacking...

Catriona likes this.
  19. Catriona

Haha!
    I still think he should have gotten a real female to pose - and a better angle!

20. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I suspect that the young lady in question may have been from Rochdale....

Cheers, Jeff

Catriona likes this.