1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you have a 'kicking about camera'?

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Wab, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

2. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

If I really cannot be bothered to carry a heavy-ish camera, then either the Pentax Q or a Vito II. Both of which will fit comfortably in a small pocket and take very passably pictures. Or at least, would, if they had a decent photographer behind them.

S

3. cuilin

cuilin New Member

yes, i use the much lighter fuji x-t2 when i don't feel like lugging a full frame canon and a bunch of L glass around.

4. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Yes, my E-1, which I bought back in 2006. It's rubber cladding on the back has come off, but personally, I find without that, the buttons become easier to locate by touch. The E-1 has it's On/Off switch on the opposite side of the body, a much better position, right next to the shutter button, which makes it faster to 'fire up' than the E-M1's.

5. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

I don't use a camera phone, but currently I always carry a FujiZ700EXR. It's very slim, and follows on from a Fuji Z10fd which I used for years. Both were chosen for their slimness obtained by folding the light-path.

6. Rolex1601

Rolex1601 Active Member

Canon EOS 40D with EF-S 24 f2.8 STM lens for everyday.

Wab likes this.
  7. Wab

Wab Well-Known Member

I love that lens; it lives on my camera.

Rolex1601 likes this.
  8. Rolex1601

Rolex1601 Active Member

Wab,

For best results with the EF-S 24mm is to shoot @ f4.

9. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I noticed in this weeks AP Panasonic are doing a new Lumix waterproof camera. My default camera is my Lumix TZ8 Its getting on a bit now and I am looking to replace with the TZ70 when the money is available. I use the TZ8 more than any other camera and it does all I want.
    Don

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Yes recently bought one. An Olympus PEN-F I don't know if it is the best buy but I like it as it has both a built in viewfinder, an old fashioned DOF scale and can live at the bottom of a small tote bag when I walk out.

Wab and ascu75 like this.
  11. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

There is a lot to be said for a Viewfinder. My wife cannot use the TZ8 In bright light so I will have a viewfinder on its replacement We both like the Olympus but it is almost twice the price which means unless my one premium bond from 1964 wins I the jackpot I wont be getting one. We have several other cameras both digital and film but the Panasonic seems to have become my default so replacing it with an update seems a logical decision.
    Don

12. Rolex1601

Rolex1601 Active Member

In two weeks I'll have a EOS 20D with BG E2 grip for back-up camera.