1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you get excited about the release of new editing software?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Re: Do you get excited about the release of new editing software

Same here but I do use Gimp to make small changes to reality. Like removing the TV aerials from the roof and the markings on the road outside a nice thatched cottage I doing a large sepia print of (for the owner).

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

Roger_Provins.....I do much the same Roger.....my normal picture's would be perhaps colour corrected, saturation corrected, bits a bobs removed, sometimes mono chromed or sepia toned, and last of all unsharp mask......on a good day sometimes I dont need to do any of this! my creative picture's are seen and not invented in P/Shop. I always enjoy going out with my camera and really enjoy letting my grandchildren have a go at pressing the buton they really get excited about that, I do try to show them a few things in P/Shop and its surprising how quick they pick things up!

3. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

Excited? It doesn't even interest me in the slightest! The software (Arc Soft) which came with my scanner serves my needs more than adequately- tweaking contrast and colour saturation, cropping- so why should I throw away money for something when probably at least 95% of the features are neither of use nor interest to me? I don't even use all the limited possibilities of Arc Soft. If others feel the need to play 'Keeping up with the Jones's' that's their affair (or problem)!

Lynn