1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diy ----- dslr-camera bags

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by micro lens, Aug 5, 2014.

1. micro lens

micro lens New Member

Just bought a CRANE fishing bag from ( ALDI) SIZE 30x32x20 cm---12x12.5x8 inches going to use this for my DLSR canon camera its brilliant fits my camera in + 2 lenses got waterproof pockets for everything and a nice carry strap or handle even got a waterproof bottom hard shell zip tray at the bottom
    PRICE ( £ 10.99 ) If your a do it yourself photographer its perfect, why pay £ 50- £60 0r over for one when you can have this. it is black and green water proof really good

BARGAIN [​IMG]

2. IvorCamera

IvorCamera Well-Known Member

I have seen those bags they are a bit on the heavy side but they are well worth buying, if it was not for the fact that a couple of months ago they were selling genuine camera bags for less than a tenner which I bought, I would have bought one of the fishing bags....

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Excellent find, M_L, and, someone had the same find/idea a few years back on another (lesser quality ;)) site: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1040646

:)

jack

4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

(1) Pick any suitable bag

(2) Put your camera in it.

I'm still using a leather school-type satchel I had made in about 1970, to my own design.

Cheers,

R,

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember for the 2012 Olympics, I didn't want to draw too much attention to my camera (remember all the hoo-haa around what would and wouldn't be allowed?) so I took my monkey bag (I forget the actual name...it came with a monkey attached) and customised the interior to protect my camera and two lenses so that at least the bag didn't scream "photographer"! They let me in with a 5D Mk II, the 24-105 and the 70-200mm lenses and didn't bat an eyelid. And all the pockets originally designed for keys and makeup and so on worked brilliantly for batteries and memory cards and filters.

6. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

...and the short trousers as well Roger..??