1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disappearing Command Bar

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback, Suggestions and Questions' started by Bawbee, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

I have noticed that the following command bar disappears when I am in to thread after progressing through "What's New > Today's Posts"

Is it only me or is is this the way it is?
  2. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Not for me Bob :) I would suggest that if it is a wider problem for forum members that they contact the Online Manager (details in my signature) describing any issues along with OS, browser details etc. :)

3. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

It is an issue and one brought up previously, though it is not universal.

Basically any 'search results' page has the problem (it's a CSS/template/browser compatibility thing). Today's Posts is a search command, therefore the page it brings up falls within this anomaly, alas. :(
  4. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Cheers Myk :)

I have sent a PM to the online manager highlighting this thread :)

5. TheFatControlleR

No worries, though AFAIK the OM is aware of the issue. ;)
  6. IanJTurner

IanJTurner Well-Known Member

7. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

As I have posted before for matters concerning the forum & site build members are advised to contact the Online Manager :) Alternatively I can highlight threads as they arise, but this is far from ideal :)

8. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Hi Mark,

I know that you do your best and point folks to the link in your signature, but surely this is the correct place for queries such as mine? If not, the we need to consider amending the title, "Forum Feedback, Suggestions and Questions"??
  9. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

Yes it is :) In reply I have (once again) directed members to the person best placed to deal with any forum/site build issue.
  10. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

It happens here too though I`d not noticed until Bob mentioned it.

It`s not an issue for me though.
  11. TheFatControlleR

I think it was seen as a low grade annoyance rather than something more critical and prioritised accordingly.
  12. KarenS

KarenS Online Manager Forum Admin

I do look at the feedback forum as often as I can, but at the moment am spending a lot of time working on issues relating to the new site launch. An email to ap_online@ipcmedia.com often lets me know to come and take a look if I've missed a discussion.

Now that the new site is launched I'm going to try and get the developers to have a good look at the usability of the forums and galleries, as there are a few issues that have been raised that I'd like addressed.

So I'll add this to the issues we look at.

Other items on my list are:

- File sizes of images when embedded in the forum
    - Usability of the galleries (ie finding your personal folders etc)
    - Viewing the site in Opera
    - Possibility of a mobile version
    - spam measures

Do let me know if there are any other things you want us to look at.