1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital edition on multiple devices

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Skir67, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Skir67

Skir67 Member

I have a digital subscription to AP which I access via an iPhone. I have recently bought an android tablet. Can I download to this device as well or would I need to purchase another subscription for it?

2. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Is there an app which you use to access the content? If the app exists on Android and iPhone the answer is usually yes, if it's iBooks or something iPhone specific, the answer is usually no.

3. Skir67

Skir67 Member

I use the AP application on the iPhone, but I haven't so far found the equivalent on the Google play platform.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

First stop will be the T&C. I am amazed you have been reading it on an iphone. I tried to read a demo edition on an ipad and it was horrid, as is Fuji X magazine, some things are better as paper. Portability depends on the format - if it is proprietary then you will need a custom reader.

5. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

"I use the AP application on the iPhone, but I haven't so far found the equivalent on the Google play platform."

The digital edition of AP is available on Google play ... (scroll right down)

6. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I think 'Zinio' is the app you need. Hope that helps

7. PeteRob

There is a link to AP on google play on the subscribe page that works (unlike to the apple app store or to magazines direct which return error 404)

8. Skir67

Skir67 Member

I spend my life in at least 2 different locations round the world every year so the paper version is impractical for me. The AP app is ok but could be improved.

9. Skir67

Skir67 Member

But would I need to pay for another subscription?

10. Skir67

Skir67 Member

AP didn't show on a search of the zinio store

11. PeteRob

Look at the subscribe tab on the main menu.

12. Skir67

Skir67 Member

Anyone know with regards to this?

13. PeteRob

It must say in the Terms and conditions. I would expect one device at a time

14. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I used the Zinio app to access it on multiple devices at one point - phone, tablet and PC - but if you're using a different platform such as iWhatever, you are likely to be out of luck

15. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I would expect it to be anywhere you have the same App or source installed, which is more normal for mobile devices tied to a single account (iTunes or Google, for example). But as I said at the start, and Nick has said, it depends on which app you use, and if that app is multi-platform or not.