1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devon Meet – Saturday 7th February

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by John_Baker, Dec 30, 2008.

1. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Re: Updated details – Saturday 7th February

A shame, it would have been good to meet – I am sure we will do something later in the year. The free trip to Becky Falls will be worth keeping an eye out for. The weather down here is all over the place so heading up to the moor may not be the best idea at the moment! We had some freak thunder and lightning during a heavy snow storm today - looking at Wikipedia the phenomenon is called “Thundersnow” – was new to me!

I hope the old van is not terminal and you manage to make it better! I was half expecting you to turn up on 2 wheels!!
    :D :D :D

2. aiwa_yamaha

aiwa_yamaha Well-Known Member

I'll be there, wearing my shorts as usual lol :)

3. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Not sure how the weather is going turn out...looks bad at the moment from my area and will know more tomorrow... :(

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

For all you folks heading for Devon this weekend, here's something that I received today that may be of interest:

"A farmer in Devon has made history by growing a field of dildos!
    Unfortunately he's had a lot of trouble with squatters!"

Watch out for them squatters and don't get caught short :eek: /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :D

PS - Have a great time :cool:

5. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

i am surrounded by snow at the moment, it would appear that it is bad everywhere but barnstaple,it is snowing here but not laying
    we have just sent students home because although some made itin public transport is predicting shut down

barnstaple appears to marooned :D

6. John_Baker

Some would say it always is!!! Last time I went it was full of squatters - Only joking...

Ok decision time – what do you guys want to do!! Must admit I had my first day off work due to the snow today. While the sunset is glorious at the moment, it may be a tad foolhardy to head to the moor tomorrow. Options:

1 – postpone until the weather improves and take up the offer of the free trip to Becky Falls.
    2 – have an alternative agenda, possibly nearer the coast. Could be south of the moor, first thoughts are either Paignton Zoo or Torbay Living Coast
    3 – go for it, meet at Haytor and see how it goes.

I am happy with 1 and 2, not sure with the 3rd option, it really depends on what happens tonight – will be fun if it freezes...

7. John_Baker

Just spoken to Colin (Badgerman) he is currently snowed-in and “Nanuke of the North” he has been without internet for a couple of days. Conditions in his area are terrible and totally not worth the risk of getting together. Following our talk we have decided to postpone the main event – we will definitely re-schedule and hopefully we can combine it with the free visit to Becky Falls, later in the year...

The good news is that there will be an alternative agenda, Bambi (James) is still coming up from Cornwall and I will be meeting him at Teignmouth station at 9:45 – the plan at the moment is to head over to Paignton Zoo for about 11:00 – we may do some landscapes afterwards, possibly Cockington. Please PM me if you want to meet up. Deepest apologies for the last minute changes...

8. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

:eek: :eek: :mad: did you read bawbee's post before posting /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :D

shame about the weather, really looking forward to the day out, considering the unpredictable situation at the moment i like the idea option 1, maybe a bit over cautious, but just think what a lucky escape for you John me marooned in torquay with no where to stay :D

sorry for late post but got very tied up earlier with things
    hope you and james have a nice time, hopefully we can all get together later in the year

9. John_Baker

Hi Bob, Of course I read bawbee's post! The sky here is fantastic at the moment, clear and bright. I am meeting with Bambi (James) and hopefully Steve (52) later – the untreated roads are solid ice so it may be interesting to start with, my first thoughts are to stay near the coast. I am sure we will find something to point the camera at…

I hope things are OK in the sunny North!! I would never leave you marooned, lost and confused in Torquay.

Hope you have a good day…

10. AdrianHarris

AdrianHarris Well-Known Member

Hi John - sorry I couldn't make it and hope you all had a good time. I finished digging our cars out at about 12.30 this morning!