1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devon Meet – Saturday 7th February

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by John_Baker, Dec 30, 2008.

1. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Badgerman (Colin) and I were trying to get out over the Christmas period, due to a breakdown in communications and other family commitments we were unable to meet – so as an early New Year resolution and having checked our diaries we decided to set a date...

Not decided on a location as yet, so any suggestions welcome?? Could be North coast from Hartland Quay, Clovelly around to the Valley of the Rocks, Lynton,Exmoor. Dartmoor - too many options to list, but could include some water features e.g. Becky Falls, Dart Meet. Exmouth, East Devon and the Jurassic Coast. Dawlish Warren around to Torbay, Paignton Zoo or the Living Coast/Torbay. Brixham over to Slapton Sands, Bigbury on Sea, Plymouth – any ideas? We could go further afield, a run into Cornwall, Bodmin Moor, Eden Project, Trevose Head, Padstow, etc, etc...

Anyone else interested??

2. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Re: Devon Meet – Sunday 11 January

I have made a balls up with my dates, I got home from work tonight and the wife pointed out that I am working nights the day before and I won't finish work until 6.00am on the Sunday :( I must apologise for this error and I have got a new date of Sat 7th Feb and an idea of going to Becky Falls and surrounding area....any takers... :)

3. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

I could make 11th Jan but not 7th Feb, I'm at college for 2 weeks at the beginning of Feb. No worries though, I'm sure we'll be out and about during the year.

4. John_Baker

Sorry about the changes, 7 Feb is good for me - Becky Falls is great for a couple of hours - www.beckyfalls.com - Those top photos look very familiar!!!

Couple of pics for inspiration...
    [​IMG]

Another
    [​IMG]

Final one...
    [​IMG]

After that we could go across to Wistmans Wood – bit of a trek but worth it...
    [​IMG]

Another view
    [​IMG]

Or/and we could end up at Dartmeet
    [​IMG]

Which has some great bird feeding stations
    [​IMG]

5. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

I really liked that area when I visited a couple of years back, would love to join up but it's a little too far from Birmingham :(

Here's one I took in the area

[​IMG]

6. bob58

bob58 Well-Known Member

should be ok with me

7. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Definately can't do next Sunday (11th) as I'm on call for work (also for 7th Feb). I want to change the 6th Feb as I'm doing some band stuff that night, so hopefully I can change the whole weekend. Will know next week and will post accordingly.
    Hope everyone had a good New Year.

8. John_Baker

HNY to you Steve - would be good to see you if possible...

9. Steve52

Steve52 Well-Known Member

Have managed to change standby for 7th Feb, so will be able to come on meet. Anywhere will suit me. :D

10. AdrianHarris

AdrianHarris Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, John just emailed me about 7th Feb meet at Becka Falls - and I would love to come along. Have never tried any long exposure water shots so it would be really exciting.

11. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Seeing as how all my best laid plans gang aft agley, I'll say that I probably WON'T be there but I'll keep an eye on the thread and might pop up from behind a bridge! Just a thought, is the Becky/Bekka Falls car park open during winter? If not, where's the best place to park/meet (if the Falls are to be the destination)?

12. John_Baker

I was thinking about meeting at the higher car park at Haytor - http://www.multimap.com/s/94tyO2AA
    That would give us free parking for the day and we could consolidate vehicles, not worked on timings as yet - but would have thought 10:30 would be a good time as it would still give us plenty of working light for the day – thoughts??

I will give them a ring tomorrow to see exactly what they are doing on the 7 Feb, I see they are weather dependent, so meeting at Haytor will give flexibility to the day.

13. 4BIKER2

4BIKER2 Well-Known Member

I've never been to that area, and would love to come and play, I am free on the 7th of feb and I have a warm coat :)

14. John_Baker

Would be great to have you join us - I will PM closer to the date with my mobile, etc...

15. OneTen

OneTen 'Two Breakfasts'

Re: Devon Meet – Saturday 7 February

Just changed the thread title :)

16. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

And I've corrected it as the 7th is a Saturday :D

John - I've changed the date on your original post but if you want it changed to Sunday the 8th then let me know :)

17. John_Baker

Thanks Chris - Saturday 7th is fine, that was the only day that really fitted...
    The joys of fitting things in!

18. Badgerman

Badgerman Well-Known Member

Yes,...thank you Chris :)

19. AdrianHarris

AdrianHarris Well-Known Member

OOooh - I am getting all excited :eek:)

20. BLewis

BLewis New Member

Hi there longterm reader first time poster.

I would be interested in attending,
    Live in Torbay, will be able to confirm next Friday.