1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Derby Pride

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Sep 7, 2019.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

2. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I did take a look at the others on your flickr page Tony, they are truly lovely shots, some of the best I've seen from any march! Asking people to pose has really paid off.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

Thanks Dan, appreciate that. In some ways, it's further away from the 'personal moment' stuff that sometimes works better for event documentary shots, but it was a big step out of my comfort zone again which was my main aim. First person was the hardest, and then it just got easier and easier to ask people. I still rushed the shots, because I feel the extra pressure, but I told myself I didn't care at this stage, if they turned out to be rushed and horrible, so-be-it, the key was making myself engage, ask, chat. More practice will help me go slower and frame the pics better to allow for less cropping.

4. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

I guess it must take a while to start to feel comfortable asking people to pose, but it looks like you got a good response as they all look happy about having their photos taken. And the results of posing subjects are actually really nice, I think that reflects the spirit of the day perfectly. Did you get anyone who refused, or didn't respond well?

5. EightBitTony

Everyone said yes, and everyone who I asked is in the album (first 12 shots). No bad responses at all.