1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Defeated Again!

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Craig20264, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Well, for the second evening in a row, I've driven a 60 mile round trip, to two different locations, in promising light, only to be defeated at the last minute, so I apologise in advance for the processing but I'm bored! I dare not put it near appraisals or someone will have a coronary! One of these nights it will all come together! These landscapers are a patient bunch.

zzz-LR.jpg

2. Digitalmemories

Digitalmemories Well-Known Member

Keep trying. The composition is great, the scene is dramatic, with the right light it'll be a cracking shot.

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

This is nothing to be too annoyed by imho. Yes, different light would lift it, but that could take years, how often do we ever get the optimum conditions for any envisaged shot?

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I think 1979 was the last time...

S

5. Craig20264

It's a well shot location. Justin Minns made the front cover of the 2013 Landscape photographer of the year with a long exposure mono, with the tide in.

http://www.justinminns.co.uk/blog/2013/7/lpoty2013

I reckon I spent an hour wandering in and around the piles trying to come up with a shot seeing as the light was flat. Brain refused to cooperate with the camera, and I came away with a pile of rubbish!

6. Jeff Horton

Jeff Horton Active Member

[QUOTE="Craig20264, post: 1444120, member: 42981]These landscapers are a patient bunch.[/QUOTE]

That was one of the hardest things for me to accept and is still the hardest for me to practice.

7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Same here, a lack of patience is probably far more of a reason why I struggle with landscape than an composition issues...;)

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Maybe save that sky and pair it up with the lower half in better light?

9. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Yeah I know that feeling, the light promises, one anticipates, one goes to the location, the light dies, one dies a little inside...:rolleyes:

Mind it must be way worse if you just drive that kind of a distance into the bargain...

10. Craig20264

Not a bad idea. I'll pop it in my 'skies' folder.

11. Craig20264

It wasn't so bad. It was a lovely warm evening. Me and the good lady had fish 'n' chips and sat on the beach until dark. Her commenting on what a lovely evening it was, me grizzling about the light :)