1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

December 2010 - FirstView Pictures

Discussion in 'FirstViews [Archive]' started by TheFatControlleR, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TheFatControlleR

TheFatControlleR :Devil's Advocaat: Forum Admin

This thread is for posting of FirstView pictures for the 1st of December 2010. Please read the main About FirstView post, if you have not done so already. You may post only one image here, and it must have been taken on the 1st of December 2010.

Please remember to include the basic details - time and place of shooting, and what we're looking at. If you want to put in a short paragraph explaining what's going on, or why you chose that one, or whatever, then please do, but keep it brief and relevant. Any discussion beyond that can go in the 'Comments' thread. Please do not post comments or other replies here - they will be deleted. This thread is for FirstView image posting only.

The picture thread will remain open for a few days in the first instance, so please try to get your contributions in promptly. People who are perhaps away from home, or need time for film processing, or are otherwise unable to post their images in the initial time slot should pm me - I'll re-open the thread later in the month for late additions. In all cases please remember that the forum image posting rules apply (see the 'HOW TO POST IMAGES - MAX. SIZE plus Free programs' sticky post, which can be found at the top of this board).

Finally, once again I would like to draw your attention to the FirstView Gallery site - we would like as many contributors as possible to make use of this for hosting their FirstView images in order to maintain as complete an archive as possible for the future. Of course if you prefer not to you are still welcome to contribute to the FirstView threads with images hosted elsewhere.

2. jchrisc

jchrisc Well-Known Member

Parting gift

Taken about 11 a.m. on December 1st 2010 in our sitting room.

Last night was the AGM of the Bedfordshire County Archery Association and with it, I finished my term of office as President of the Association.

The members gave me this excellent parting gift and I took the photograph to include in the letter of thanks that I will send to all the clubs in the County.

[​IMG]

3. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

Re: Parting gift

Does a diptych count as one picture?

Taken about 11am outside my house

[​IMG]

4. Tickhiller

Tickhiller Well-Known Member

long climb uphill

[​IMG]
    My neighbours grandson was getting fed up of the trudge back up the hill.

5. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

Walking in the Snow

Just after mid-day and no sign of the snow letting up.

[​IMG]

6. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Digging out the C******** stuff to look for the gf's advent "house"

[​IMG]

7. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

View from my loft around 08:20 ish

8. Ian_A

Ian_A Well-Known Member

Nine refuse bins within 20' or so. TVM Bolton Council for your rubbish service.
    [​IMG]

9. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Garden - mid afternoon

[​IMG]

We put out food for the birds on the table in the foreground, but it became covered in a fresh layer of snow. I therefore put out more food on a tray - you can just see the outline of it - but that was also covered by fresh snow.

Supposed to be collecting a new caravan today, but no chance. The dealer says that his premises are under a foot of snow, while the Police have warned against unnecessary travel.

10. MickLL

MickLL Well-Known Member

Local Post Box

Went for a walk with SWMBO and this is our local post box. Taken on my Sony compact at about 4pm. The flash and my treatment of the image makes it look a lot lighter than it actually was.

[​IMG]

MickLL

11. Wheelman

Wheelman Well-Known Member

Another snowy scene 1.50pm

[​IMG]

12. RogerChristie

RogerChristie Well-Known Member

Re: December 2010 - FirstView Pictures - Title: Bin Laden

[​IMG]

Our bins were supposed to be emptied yesterday. The black bin collection is only once a fortnight. It's Wednesday 1st December and the bin men never turned up. (In fact I'm posting my photo Saturday and we are still waiting.)

I'm supposing that the road is too icy for the bin wagon. Yeah, it's only passable for delivery vans, cars, bicycles, prams, skateboards ... !

Last winter in our village we once went eight weeks between collections. There were bin-bags piled on the pavement. Haven't the council people noticed before that it tends to snow in the winter, especially here in the north of England?
    The authorities seem to manage OK in Canada and the US ... and Norway, Finland, Sweden, Austria, France, Switzerland, Italy, Northern Spain ... and in Russia, China, North Japan, Chile, New Zealand ... .

What an organisation!

13. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

No Wonder I get Lost ...

December 2nd, 2010 - 8:30am(ish):
    A Translink employee walks away with the sign
    showing to directions to Vancouver's SkyTrain (the
    equivalent to the Tube ............. in London)

[​IMG]

Jack

14. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

The final page of my David Tennant calendar

[​IMG]

12.46am, 1st December
    Leica C-Lux 1