1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damien Demolder Departing.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by hartley353, Nov 23, 2013.

1. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

All the very best from me too Damien.Redundancy is difficult,been there myself.

I trust your redundancy payment eased it somewhat.

Best wishes:D

2. wozza

wozza Member

Guess we're going to see a lot more "Get your photo on the cover" reader competitions now, eh?

And "Knock up some cover lines please" compos too.

I also predict that the fee for Back Chat will be reduced to £20 Jessops voucher (the old Jessops, that is), and the copy will run in the position of editor's column on page 3.

Continuing the recent trend for 'arty' shots, Appraisal images will simply be blobs on the page each month, with shots of confused WDC staff stroking their chins and itching their heads.

Reader Spotlight ("We show more photos than anyone else") will be taken to its logical conclusion - 42 pages minimum.

And, of course, reviews will simply consist of user comments left on Amazon, written before the kit has even been launched. (But rest assured that most cameras will get 86%)

This 'staff merger' is a slippery slope, I tell ya... ;-)

3. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Same here, both times on my birthday!

He now has a large box of lens caps! They had to clear out the draws :)

4. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Wozza,

Two posts in 4 years, both about the magazine content, not bad. Who are Ya?

5. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Now that sort of resistance, the purity of economy, I admire already. :)

6. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I'd love to see accredited distinctions, courtesy of AP.

Such as Laps, or perhaps Crown awards - CRap, or Medals - Maps. Any other suggestions for improvements? ;)

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Perfectly Exposed Result Happened
    PERHaps ?

8. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

That's definitely one to aim for. :)

9. wozza

wozza Member

What can I say?

Um... I use Talk Photography to chat about photography. ;-)

10. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And you just come here to talk - something else? ;)

11. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Aye Warren, with 113 posts over there in almost 3 years - quite prolific, eh? ;)

12. wozza

wozza Member

Am I being stalked now? Hunted down until I write more on AP forums?!

I have 300+ messages on TP. Different username.

13. wozza

wozza Member

Yeah, the death of the magazine industry. :-(

Anyway... back to Damo....

14. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Don't stop now, you've almost trebled your post count :)

15. Clodhopper

Clodhopper Well-Known Member

I am sad :( As editors go, Damien wasn't a bad 'un. Wishing the lad well in the future.

16. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Mixed feeling here- yes I am going to miss you being at the AP helm and will watch the magazine carefully- sheer cost of living when I have a 1% payrise in the last 3 years whilst everything else has gone up means the magazine was always vulnerable in terms of personal expenditure but I always enjoyed your stuff so kept it on but I may have to stop getting it

But if I stop reading it- then money saved ..........The best course I ever went on was Damian's street course and I could save up for another one! (or how much for one to one?)

Wishing Tharg all the best

17. Richard Sibley

Richard Sibley AP Deputy Editor

I would just like to publicly says 'Thanks' to Damien for all the help and support (and a sprinkling of knowledge :rolleyes:) he has passed on since he gave me a job at AP about 6.5 years ago.

He's been a great Editor, and more importantly a great friend... though I wont miss his flicking of elastic bands at me from across the office. I'm also looking forward to having some more cupboard space now his collection of APS cameras, bizarre Cokin effects filters and other detritus is going. No lie - we found a boxed 1990s Kodak camera lens earlier - I'm still trying to work out if it will be worth more or less now. Oh, and box for Nikon Pronea in mint condition... no camera, just an absolutely perfect box ;)

AP has a very safe pair of hands with Nigel in charge. The AP team is expanding with the staff from WDC, so we will have some excellent new writers. Both Phil Hall and Mike Topham have have already written full tests for AP numerous times. They are both very knowledgeable and and respected in the industry and me and Callum are looking forward to working with them.

At AP we are always looking at ways to make sure that we have the best camera tests in print and online, and we hope to be able to do even more in future. Our new lab is almost ready to start revealing its first test results and the next year should be exciting.

All the best and good luck to Damien! I'll miss talking at you for an age over a coffee first thing every morning!

And welcome to the team Nigel!

18. Dan Cartell

Dan Cartell Member

Good point regarding WDC, AP is a good source of knowledge and technique with reviews added to the mix while WDC is mostly reviews with some token articles thrown in - I hope AP doesnt lose the interesting articles that we had grown to love over the years

19. Dan Cartell

Dan Cartell Member

Thanks for the knowledge

best wishes :D

20. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Good luck, Mr D.
    You certainly will be missed.