1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Damien Demolder Departing.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by hartley353, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your comments and kind words of support. I appreciate them very much.

The magazine isn't about to close, or be combined with WDC, but the technical teams are going to be working together across both titles and Nigel will be editing both.

The redundancy was a bit of a shock, but I'm not going to be bored for too long. I have my street photography classes, and I hope to be working with a few camera manufacturers to produce photography experience days and tuition, as well as helping people get to grips with their equipment. I expect I'll pop up in a couple of places doing some testing too, and I'm planning to do more club talks and presentations etc.

I still have to rework my website to take account of the changes to my life, but once I've got on with that you'll be able to see what I'm up to. There's always Twitter and Faceache in the meantime.

I'll have a bit more time to be a forum member too! And I'm looking forward to that.

I'm not 'filled in' on exactly what will be happening here, but if anyone has any questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks again for being a great bunch of people.

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for coming in to tell us what is happening. It's good to know you can see a way forward and I bet you won't be twiddling your fingers for long!
    It will also be nice if you can come in here on occasions, and stir a few creative cakes!!
    Good luck,
    Kate

3. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about the redundancy Damien. Hope all goes well for you with whatever you get up to.

4. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

All the best for the future DD, redundancy isn't nice but often you come back stronger (or better off) - I know I did.

5. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this. AP has been very well run under Damians leadership.

6. andymcd

andymcd Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this news.

I was lucky enough to spend a day taking pictures with Damien last month, it was a great day and I learnt lots.

Good luck with your future endeavours Damien.

Andy

7. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Best wishes for the future... pity that Peter Capaldi got that job you would enjoyed ;)

8. Damien_Demolder

Damien_Demolder Well-Known Member

On the tills, or in the warehouse?

:)

9. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

If Pentax UK are smart, they will give you a K-3 ;) and snap you up straight away!

:D

10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

11. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

All the very best for the future. Never a good time to be made redundant. Sometimes it can be a positive push to bigger and better things.

12. eric123

eric123 New Member

I am sorry to read that Damien has been made redundant. This doesn't augur well for the future of AP if it is losing its Editor to be replaced by a Group Editor.

I think Damien was an excellent editor and I am sad that he is leaving. I wish him well for the future.

13. velocette

velocette Well-Known Member

Very best wishes from me also having done an excellent job with the magazine. Hopefully for yourself it'll be a door to new and deserved opportunities. As a family now we've been taking AP from at least the late 1930's and it's the only photographic magazine we regularly get so will watch any possible future changes with some trepidation.

14. Wheelu

Wheelu Well-Known Member

Best of luck with your future Damien. I enjoyed the different look and feel of AP under your guidance.

As for the mag, I have a concern that a dumbing down and a move towards digital sameness might be on the cards.

15. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

16. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

I can't pretend to be happy in any way about Damien leaving, but equally I can't think of anyone better to continue to uphold the traditions and excellence of AP than you, Nigel. My concerns are more for how you'll manage to keep your sanity juggling the two titles than for the mags themselves.

17. Tooslow

Tooslow Well-Known Member

Ah, the "R" word. There's a lot of it about, as many can testify. Sorry to hear it D. It is a bit of a shock at the time but as someone who is well known and respected (that's you, not me. You weren't really wondering there though were you? :) ) someone will be bright enough to offer you an opportunity or two. I'm sure that a few months on, things will look brighter. Funny how it always seems to be in the run up to Christmas...

Thanks for the words and the photos, the advice and the comment. So long and thanks for all the fish.

John

18. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Ditto.

But knowing where you've worked in the past I'm not sure that I can vouch for your sanity being intact :D

19. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

I lost my sanity a long time ago, but regarding managing both, I'm working on a plan that will make this a lot easier, and which will be revealed soon. Needless to say I have a great team around me and good delegation will be key.

20. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Splendid.