1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daffodils

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by dylbert, May 18, 2019.

1. dylbert

dylbert Well-Known Member

Oleg2016 likes this.
  2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Are 'dylbert' and 'dylan traynor' the same person? (If not, has 'dylan traynor' authorised the use of this image here?)

I understand the use of monochrome for some subjects, but suspect that daffodils deserve colour.

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I think mono is fine for something you know so well, but point is to reduce it to shapes. For me that side-on one knackers any effect from the differential focus. Without that, it works.

4. dylbert

Yes I am "dylbert" and "dylan traynor".

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

B&W film again? That is old-school charming, smacking of hazy spring days long ago* The only nit I'd pick is the dark spot along the bottom edge, once seen never unseen.

Adrian

*I blame the Ampleforth Abbey Dubbel - delicous, but 7%

6. intruder2000

intruder2000 Well-Known Member

First thoughts was I really like it soft and gentle not normally a fan of B & W as well . However I couldn't agree more with Mike the side on flower distracts and needs to go .

7. dylbert

Thanks everyone, I agree about the side on one.

8. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I think two possible crops appeal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Think first has more going for it, despite the clipped left one.

dylbert likes this.
  9. dylbert

Much prefer the first, I like the two daffodils to the right of the main one, rather than just the one in the second crop.

10. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

I asked because a few weeks ago somebody asked about the ethics of uploading a picture taken by somebody else.
    Are both names 'avatars', or is one real?