1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D5000 image preview time too short

Discussion in 'Beginner's Corner' started by ian sutherland, Sep 23, 2017.

1. The monitor screen usually shows a preview of the picture just taken for 4 seconds or so. After messing around trying to cure another issue, now the preview just flashes up and disappears no matter what preview time I set in the menu option. Ive tried the 2 button reset, restoring all settings to factory default and pressing the reset button below the SD card. Ive tried turning off/on the image preview but nothing is helping.

Hope you guys can help this newbie, thanks.

2. I've fixed the problem with a smaller memory card.

The card I was using is 80 MB/s and has a "10" in a circle so its plenty fast enough. However the capacity is 128 GB. Now I tried 2 other cards which are slower "4" in a circle, one is 8GB and the other 16GB and they both allow video recording fine. So ... could it be that the camera doesn't like high capacity 128GB card and prefers smaller cards. The manual mentions 32GB cards so I'll get a couple of those.

3. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The camera is fairly old and may not be able to handle a card of 128gb capacity, the manual stating 32gb probably means that is the maximum. The higher class of the card refers to the speed of writing of the card.