1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crohy Sea Arch

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by beatnik69, Sep 24, 2018.

1. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Taken a week or two ago in Donegal. Conditions were not as favourable as we'd hoped for. We slept in the car overnight, hoping to get some decent sunrise shots, but the conditions were even worse in the morning.
    [​IMG]Crohy Sea Arch by Gary Robinson Photography, on Flickr

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well you have made something of it! Sea a bit too milky for my liking; too slow to show movement and too fast to do the real misty cliche thing. Sky seems to be picking up magenta on my monitor, or is that your grad?

3. beatnik69

Hmm, I see what you mean about the magenta. I thought I had removed it, but it must look different on my laptop at home. Bugger.

4. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Yes. appears to have some split toning going on, either accidentally or otherwise. Nice composition though. I like a nice seascape. :)

5. beatnik69

Just a magenta cast from a cheap ND grad filter. I thought I'd got rid of it, but I'll have to go back and sort it. Thanks for the comments.

6. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

I like the composition and I like a seascape. The magenta cast needs sorted. The 5 second shutter speed is neither long or short enough and creates an effect I do not like myself. I suspect between 1/30 and 1 second would be better or going the whole way and 3o seconds plus.