1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

CREATIVE DIAL MONO 2 with £20 Fujian lens

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Smartiepants, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Smartiepants

Smartiepants Well-Known Member

had great fun this afternoon with this cheap lens on my Pen F, all of these are out of camera JPGs (cropped square) with the creative dial Mono 2 setting (no grain), wide open its difficult to focus but its quite pleasing with this type of subject

[​IMG]
    Tewin LFJ654
    by Martin Grindley, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Tewin NDB332E

[​IMG]
    Tewin OLIVER

[​IMG]
    Tewin DJT33

[​IMG]
    Tewin EAS553

[​IMG]
    Tewin 526DOP&VCO683

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

nice day out, though I think colour with cars is a main part of the attraction.

3. Smartiepants

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    daft_biker likes this.
  4. Smartiepants

[​IMG]
    Tewin TYN431colour

blast it!!..if only I had dropped down a few inches I would have got rid of the car behind the windbreak, its all I can see now!

daft_biker likes this.
  5. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

To be honest I think that the mono shots suited the subjects more.

Just one more example that you can't please all of the people all of the time. :D

RovingMike likes this.
  6. Len Scap

Len Scap Member

I agree - the mono emphasises the shape of the metal.

RovingMike likes this.
  7. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Really?...All I can see is loudly coloured windbreak...;)

Much prefer the mono versions, they are in line with the era of the vehicles. The colour ones feel like straight record shots even though they aren't. If you added a vintage/aged-print feel to the colour tones that might work better...

8. Smartiepants

now all I can see is a bloody windbreak!!

I've just got myself photoshop so my first task will be get rid of both, wish me luck on that one, nothing like going in feet first

I have put a "vintage" touch to them through lightroom, it was a preset just to see what they looked like, obviously not vintage enough so i'll have another play but for a £20 CCTV lens i'm pleased with them