1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Courage of journalists in war situations

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by 0lybacker, Jun 20, 2014.

1. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

2. George W Johnson

George W Johnson Well-Known Member

There's a great little quote, "This guy is a hero, he has just climbed to the top of the mountain and come back down to tell the tale. However there's a guy right behind him doing the exact same things but with a camera in his hand.".

Same thing here, while there's people fighting for their lives, caught in crossfire situations there's also people right in there, with limited military training shooting pictures and video for the rest of us to get a little taste of what's going on.

3. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link Oly.
    I have huge admiration for those journalists of both sexes who risk life and limb to bring the troubled world into our homes.John Simpson,Jeremy Bowen.Kate Adie,and so many more,not forgetting Frank Gardener who`s now much less mobile as a result of his injuries but still bringing us the stories.

I take my metaphorical hat off to them all.

John Simpsons`s many books and Kate Adie`s The Kindness of Strangers are well worth reading.

4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Great link O_B,

I've had a few friends who have the done the War PJ thing and, whilst I would
    like to think I could survive it, I really don't know and really admire those that can :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

I knew a bloke who was a squaddie in Cyprus. His view of these guys was a little different. He claimed that two of his mates got shot because a photographer followed his platoon during a search mission and stood out in the open taking pictures of them. The EOKA snipers had learned to look out for this sort of thing and take their chance when it came.